Links to 12. SS-Panzer-Division Hitlerjugend

Good links thanks Henrik!

Do you have any info on their training camp at Beverloo?

Nick

12 ss panzer

Can anyone recomend any books in english about the 12th.I remember the Movie The Battle of the Bulge with Henry Fonda there was a part where a division of young SS sang a combat song I wonder if they were playing the part of the 12th SS.Really spine chilling.Cheers

I recommend these two volumes

Great reading!
Nick

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nick

Sorry, but all I know about Beverloo is, that it was an old Belgian army camp, used by the Germans during WWII.

If you make a search in Google Books for beverloo hitlerjugend you will find a little, but interesting information.

../henrik

12 ss panzer

Thanks Nick I will check it out,oh by the way I like your 12 SS patch on you email page,I wonder if my family would object to me getting that tatooed on my sholder? Is this what they call mid life crisis.Mike

12 ss panzer

Das ist good.You should not go swimming with any of your Jewish friends.

''Nur wer das furchten nie enfuhr schmiedet Nortung neu,Warst du entzwei ich zwang dich zu ganz''

Das ist good.You should not go swimming with any of your Jewish friends.

''Nur wer das furchten nie enfuhr schmiedet Nortung neu,Warst du entzwei ich zwang dich zu ganz''

What is the German sentence above? Ich verstehe nicht!

12 ss panzer

That is a quote from Richard Wagners opera Siegfried,he is singing about a magic sword (Nortung) Translation '' Only one who has never felt fear shall fordge Nortung anew-You were broken but I made you whole'' Then Siegfried plunges the sword into a dragon's heart.Mike C.

Can anyone recomend any books in english about the 12th.I remember the Movie The Battle of the Bulge with Henry Fonda there was a part where a division of young SS sang a combat song I wonder if they were playing the part of the 12th SS.Really spine chilling.Cheers

wel the museum of Baugnez has a website: News of the Historical Center Baugnez 44 - Malmedy in english too. i've been there 3 times now and they have a lot of books in the shop on the 12th. You could contact them: info@baugnez44.be

hope it helps

Nick

hope you know dutch, m8:001_tt2:

try this in google: kamp beverlo

and you 'll learn all there is to know on the place.
also on the hj div that layed there during the war

hallo

in this book (in french),you can find some pictures about the training camp in Beverloo,and other places too

Attachments

Back