Added:

Motor-HJ Wehrertüchtigungslager (Wehrertüchtigungslager 3) Lichtenstein/Sachsen 1944

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Marine-HJ Wehrertüchtigungslager in Dänemark

Segelschulschiff Winterhude

1898:
Erbaut bei Rickmers AG. , Geestemünde Bau-Nr. 109

1944:
27. April: Eigentum des OKM geworden, Kaufsumme 710.000 RM.
16. Mai: Von Stavanger nach Kopenhagen überführt zum Um- und Aufbau als Ausbildungsschiff der
Flotte, dort allerdings vorläufig als Wohnschiff des Wehrertüchtigungslagers der Marine-Hitler-Jugend in Dänemark eingesetzt.

Jan. : Einsatz als Schulschiff für vormilitärische Ausbildung.

Feb. ?: Ganz der Marine - Hitler - Jugend unterstellt.
9. Mai: Bei Kriegsende noch in Kopenhagen.

1950: ... bei Georg Ritscher, Hamburg - Harburg abgewrackt.

source: www.forum-marinearchiv.de/

Another one: WEL 3 Einbeck, Gebiet Niedersachsen (III/8) - source: Leistungskarte, 12. Lehrgang 1943 (July 1943) with stamp mark of this WEL.

If anyone is searching for the exact location of Reichausbildungslager I, Greibensee - which is not easy to find: The small village nearby was named Drossen, between Frankfurt/Oder and Landsberg/Warthe, now Polish: Osno Lubuskie. The Greibensee lake is located west of the town, now named Jezioro (i.e. lake) Grzybno.

Last edited:
Köge/Denmark was Wehrertüchtigungslager IV of the Nordmark Gebiet (6) - IV/6 -

This course took place in March and April 1944.

Attachments

It's a K-Schein certificate (Teilnahmebescheinigung) for a guy of the Bann Südtondern. His course took place in Köge in March and April 1944. The camp used the designation I mentioned above in the letterhead and on its stamp.

Wehrertüchtigungslager Köge:

I have bought the documents Jack refers to in above posts. Better scans when I have received them.

Attachments

HJ Stamp: Gebiet Nordmark (6), WE-Lager 4, Köge [Denmark]

HJ Stamp:
Gebiet Nordmark (6)
Wehrertüchtigungslager 4 [Köge, Denmark]

Attachments

Wehrertüchtigungslager in Baden-Württemberg gesucht

Hello everybody
my deceased uncle, Wolfgang Gorski, was in a military training camp in 1944.
In a letter he describes it a little. It was about 1000 m above sea level, near the Kniebis. The camp had just been newly built, and the boys had to lay power lines for the lighting. He named the camp (in quotation marks) Büblisplan. The camp was run by soldiers. With 12 boys each they lived in a "bunker"
Before his stay in the camp, he was working on a farm near Offenburg.
Where can I find references to this or other camps in the area? I can't find anything on the internet.
Thanks for every tip
Doris (Brennenstuhl)

Hallo zusammen
mein verstorbener Onkel, Wolfgang Gorski, war 1944 in einem Wehrertüchtigungslager.
In einem Brief beschreibt er es etwas. Es war auf ca. 1000 m Höhe, in der Nähe des Kniebis. Das Lager war gerade neu errichtet worden, die Jungen mussten noch Stromleitungen für die Beleuchtung legen. Er nannte das Lager (in Anführungszeichen) Büblisplan.
Geführt wurde das Lager von Soldaten. Mit je 12 Jungen bewohnten sie einen "Bunker"
Vor dem Aufenthalt in dem Lager war er zum Arbeiten auf einem Bauernhof in der Nähe von Offenburg.
Wo könnte ich Hinweise zu diesem oder anderen Lagern in der Gegend finden? Im Internet finde ich nichts.
Danke für jeden Tipp
Doris (Brennenstuhl)

Hi there,

The nearest WEL to Kniebis of which I'm aware was Altensteig but that's still 50 mins away (45km) and 90mins (85km) from Offenburg in today's money. Unfortunately I don't personally have any orders from HJ-Gebiet Württemberg for 1944 where a new WEL closer to Kniebis might have been mentioned.

The other two WEL in Gebiet Württemberg of which I'm aware were Mochental and Hechingen but both are even further away from Kniebis than Altensteig so your uncle is unlikely to have meant those two.

Wörz/Schmidtke: "Das Ende des II. Weltkriegs unterm Rosenstein": In diesen Wehrertüchtigungslagern, von denen es in Württemberg nur drei gab (außer in Heubach in Mochental und in Geislingen), sollten die Jugendlichen auf den Einsatz im Krieg vorbereitet werden.

So we have five now, right? To be honest, I don't believe that towards the end of the war there were actually only the three he mentioned. But no one is near the Kniebis.
Doris, do you have any documents from your uncle? The WELs were numbered, and the name of the camp was written on each K-Schein certificate (Kriegsausbildungsschein/War Training Certificate)...

Hello Jack, unfortunately I've only the letter of an 14-year-old boy, no further Informations.
He stayed in a KLV camp in Offenburg bevor he had to go to the WEL for a few weeks.
I neither found informations about the KLV camp:-(
Doris

Um, too bad. I do have the record number of the Bundesarchiv in Koblenz from the Buddrus book, but that won't help you now.
What I would do in your place: call the town hall of Freudenstadt/the Bürgerservice or write them an email to see if they know anything about it or can give you the contact details of a local historian. Maybe that will help.

If you are successful and find out details about a WEL there, you are welcome to report it here on the forum. It's also important for the list. Thank you and good luck! Danke, viel Erfolg!

Das mache ich gerne. Ich suche auch noch nach einem R.A.D Lager in Teterow und werde die örtlichen Archive kontaktieren. Alles, was ich finde, melde ich hier:)

Hi Doris, thanks for your tip. I also recently came across this article while searching :biggrin1:.
But Hornberg was only Württemberg until 1810 and then fell to the Grand Duchy of Baden (until the founding of Baden-Württemberg). So unfortunately we can't classify it with Württemberg.

Back