Reichsjugendführer Axmann with decorated Hitler Youth 1944

Thanks Received
Photo from the 1944 HJ Kriegsjahrbuch showing Reichsjugendführer Axmann with HJ and BDM awarded Iron Cross II and War Merit Cross II [with swords?] for bravery during air raids (Source: Military Advisor, vol. 19, number 2).

[Jungen im Einsatz 1944 - Kriegsjahrbuch der Hitler-Jugend]

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I have a Photo from the same event as posted above. If original or not i cant say.

Attachments

I don't like the photo, when scanned at 1200dpi, it looks like a photo of a photo..of a photo..of a photo of a ....
I will run it through the File-puncher, and sprinkle the confetti in my eyes.

More decorated HJ. (Same boys?)

Photo from Tom Cockle: "Hitler Youth and the 12.SS-Panzer-Division Hitler-Jugend 1933-1945".

Attachments

LOVE THESE PIC YOU ARE FINDING, CERTAINLY CONFIRMS TO AWARD OF THE EK to other than military personel

:canada1

Glad you like them, here's one more from World War 2 Pictures in Color - WW2inColor.com

"The commander of a Silesian Infantry Division awarded the 12-year-old Jungvolk (subdivision of the Hitler Youth for boys aged 10 to 14 - FTG) platoon leader Alfred Zech from Goldenau (Upper Silesia) the Iron Cross 2nd Class. Together with his disabled father the brave boy noticed a wounded Grenadier drudgingly trying to make his way back. Then the 12-year-old yoked his two horses to his sled, loaded up another hand sled and -while leaving the team in cover- salvaged with his hand sled 12 wounded German soldiers out of heavy enemy fire. Furthermore Alfred Zech was presented a watch for initiating the arrest of a spy. The excited boy noticed that an Obergefreiter (Senior Lance-Corporal), taking pictures of the boy's hometown, was wrongly wearing his chevron of rank on the right sleeve. The boy pursuited the suspect long enough to allow police officers to arrest and convict the spy." Genuine photo caption by war correspondent Koch, March 1945.!"

../henriik

Attachments

More decorated HJ. (Same boys?)

Photo from Tom Cockle: "Hitler Youth and the 12.SS-Panzer-Division Hitler-Jugend 1933-1945".

This photo is also in the in German Federal Archive. It was taken in 1943.

Düsseldorf November 1942. Awards for defending Germany during air attack.

Attachments

It looks like the first two rows of jugend have been awarded the war service cross without swords .
The jugend behind them have been awarded the war service medal or possibly the social welfare medal .
I cant make it out .... does anyone else have a better opinion ?

Last edited:
I agree Paul ...also if you look at the guy that is seated " dead " center ... he is wearing some sort of sleeveband .

Last edited:
Back