Angolia HJ vol 1+2 arrived yesterday.

I ordered Vol 1 and 2 of Angolia HJ last week. Should be arriving early this week. I paid $249 for them in extra fine condition. Prices still seem to be rising on this set, even with whatever errors in it might exist.:001_smile:

Welcome to the HJ forum Deputy. Yes prices are on the rise with these books. Still a good reference to have as they show many periods photos is detail even if the information is somewhat dated. Other "must" haves are the Baker books "Youth Led By Youth" and the Saris reference "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" IMO.

Welcome to the HJ forum Deputy. Yes prices are on the rise with these books. Still a good reference to have as they show many periods photos is detail even if the information is somewhat dated. Other "must" haves are the Baker books "Youth Led By Youth" and the Saris reference "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" IMO.

I have IN A RAGING INFERNO: Combat Units of the Hitler Youth 1944-45 by Hans Holztreger on order. I checked the two books you mentioned and WOW! They are pricey. But it seems all books about the HJ are up there in price.

The "Youth Led By Youth" series are out of print like the Angoia books, so they are kind of expensive. The Saris book has over 1000 photos in it and is quite large but worth the cost for sure. I see that you are a full member here which is good as the forum has lots of information and photos. What are your collecting interests in the H.J. arena?

The "Youth Led By Youth" series are out of print like the Angoia books, so they are kind of expensive. The Saris book has over 1000 photos in it and is quite large but worth the cost for sure. I see that you are a full member here which is good as the forum has lots of information and photos. What are your collecting interests in the H.J. arena?

I have HJ pins, flags, and armbands. However, they are all repros. I just can't afford the real thing, or the real ones I have seen aren't worth the price. I will take another look at the Saris book. :001_smile:

I would really encourage you to start looking at lower cost entry level genuine items like tinnies, some cloth insignia, and member badges that are original and priced well under $50 USD to start out with. In the end it's really what you prefer or can afford but once you have some genuine items in your collection to study it makes the expense worthwhile. If there are items that are of interest but you want to make sure they are good you can always ask members here for input on them as well. Happy collecting!

I would really encourage you to start looking at lower cost entry level genuine items like tinnies, some cloth insignia, and member badges that are original and priced well under $50 USD to start out with. In the end it's really what you prefer or can afford but once you have some genuine items in your collection to study it makes the expense worthwhile. If there are items that are of interest but you want to make sure they are good you can always ask members here for input on them as well. Happy collecting!

Thanks for the advice. :good:

Well said Gefolgschaft.

Deputy, I started exactly the same as he told you. Starting to get small pieces, nos a huge value but just getting to know about the HJ and collections. Also got me a few books and read a lot from people here. Having a look at their collections, checking what they do, their Tips, etc. Then, just got me a few Tinnies and that got me really hard. So I dedicated myself to get Tinnies. They tell a lot about the HJ.

But I have other pieces of course, but my main field are the Tinnies.

GEt the info, check our collections the the section below. And then... GOOD LUCK.

It is also well worth it to ask when you have a query.

Regards

Antonio

Well said Gefolgschaft.

Deputy, I started exactly the same as he told you. Starting to get small pieces, nos a huge value but just getting to know about the HJ and collections. Also got me a few books and read a lot from people here. Having a look at their collections, checking what they do, their Tips, etc. Then, just got me a few Tinnies and that got me really hard. So I dedicated myself to get Tinnies. They tell a lot about the HJ.

But I have other pieces of course, but my main field are the Tinnies.

GEt the info, check our collections the the section below. And then... GOOD LUCK.

It is also well worth it to ask when you have a query.

Regards

Antonio

Thanks Antonio and Gefolgschaft. I just took delivery of the two Angolia volumes of The HJ. They are AWESOME! I think I am going to order Saris "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend". Amazon has it and it's not too expensive at $80.

Quick question...I found a book called "Hitler Youth/The Hitlerjugned in war and peace 1933-45 by Brenda Ralph Lewis. Is it worth buying? They are selling it for $11.49.

The book is ok, nothing espectacular but still, there are nice pictures on it and it is really easy to be read.

Regards

Antonio

Back