Binder for the magazine ""Das Deutsche Mädel"?

Thanks Received
According to the BDMhistory website, there was a special binder that girls could order for 1.50 Reichsmarks which would safely store each issue of The German Girl magazine. I've never seen one before, but it's possible that I came across an original binder the other day. I've attached some photos of the binder (actually it is more like a book). It contains all 12 monthly issues from 1939. The book appears to be authentic, but I was wondering what you guys think. Has anybody ever seen an original in a photo or in person?

Regards,
Corey

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You could either buy the binder at the end of the year and let your local bookbinder put all monthly issues inside.
Or you could order the fully bound volume from the publisher at the end of the year.
This one looks like it has been bound by the local bookbinder, at least from these photos.
It is nice that all the colorful covers have been included.
These covers are often not bound in the full volumes. So you are lucky here.

Thanks Christian, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Very interesting, I'll try to get more photos of the book.

Here is another example, a binder for "Die Jungmädel - Blätter für Heimabend-Gestaltung der Jungmâdel"

Attachments

Henrik, that is also a nice kind of binder. These kind of binders were made till the 1970's.
The nice thing is that you can extract the single issues one by one if you want to do so.
And in the end the issues are not harmed, not stapled, and no punch holes.
You have just to be aware that the metal sticks might already be or might get rusty.

Henrik, that is also a nice kind of binder. These kind of binders were made till the 1970's.
The nice thing is that you can extract the single issues one by one if you want to do so.
And in the end the issues are not harmed, not stapled, and no punch holes.
You have just to be aware that the metal sticks might already be or might get rusty.

Yes, I know. The strings are not metal, but the magazines are too old and fragile to mount in the binder.

In the 1960'es I had a binder for my Donald Duck (Anders And in Danish) cartoon magazines, they were fastned with stiff metal strings. I have also seen binders with some kind of metal clips to hold the magazines.

Back