Das ist die Hj

Thanks Received
I was digging through my books last night, and came across one called "Das ist die HJ" by Willi Körber. Now, I have the reprint, but the original must have been a recruiting book from the early days. In it, there are pics of marching, swimming, biking, camping, climbing mountains, etc. It's basically a picture book, with captions for the photos.

I'm no expert on timelines for uniforms, but the kids wear a variety of hats, mainly the brown visor ones, some with berets. Something I noticed (and thought strange) was that there are no triangles visible on any of the uniforms, but they do have sigrune patches, and hj armbands. One kid is marching in uniform wearing white shorts. In another photo, a kids shorts have a white stripe running down the side.

Anyway, it's out there. Can't really remember when I got it, but I think I picked it up on Amazon/Ebay. If anyone has it, or a guess as to why the uniforms aren't quite up to standards, especially the lack of triangles, let me know, maybe we can get a good discussion going.

Rob

The original must be rare. I haven't been able to find much information.

Willi (Wilhelm) Körber was born in Springe on 12 May 1911. From 1930 to 1931 he was a member of the Reich leadership of the NS-Studentenbundes. From 1930 to 1931 he was leader of the Abteilung S (Schulung und Kultur) [Department S, Education and Culture] of the HJ Reichsjugendführung. From 1934 he was HJ-Obergebietsfûhrer.

For a period he was one of the leaders of the Amt für Presse and Propaganda [Administration of Press and Propaganda].

Yes, that's the one! You can see some of the pics in the provided link (I don't know if I'm allowed to scan/post them due to copyright issues) At least my guess was right that it was from the early days, I figured around '33 or '34.

Still curious about the lack of triangles on the sleeves, I don't know if this would have predated any triangle regulation, if one ever existed.

Thanks

Rob

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure on uniform specs either. It would make sense that this book was put together before triangles were intorduced.

Thanks

Rob

Back