Der Pimpf 1935-1944

Rob

That is a great link thanks for posting :thumbup:

Are these magazines easy to get hold of and how much on average do they sell for?

I would love a few in my collection

Cheers

Nick

Extract from September 1935 issue of "Der Pimpf"

I like this typical piece of Nazi Rhethoric from your link Rob :)
Nick

"A thousand columns were marching:

workers, farmers, and soldiers.

The army of the youth is ready.

All of our eyes shone with the light of faith in the divine.

When we stand before the Führer in Nuremberg and he reviews our columns, we sense most deeply the spirit of the new age.

Taking strength from his words, our affirmation of the Reich grows stronger and more powerful, and our ranks close up even more firmly.

Our columns march irresistibly through the streets.

Life marches as steel!

Hard, implacable, and faithful: each feels the force of a great age.

It is an age in which a people affirms the spade, the machine, the weapon, but also the beauty of this life.

The eagle flies on the banners. We believe in its path. It means battle, the Reich, and god.

Hail to the Führer, who gave us faith."

It is intersting to see the propaganda hype of them. It makes it sound like EVERYBODY is on board, and one sure doesn't want to be left out, so he needs to "jump on the bandwagon" and be part of the action.

I don't have any of "Der Pimpf" magazines, and haven't seen any at collector shows. It would be cool to get one or two to go with one's collection though. I don't know if there are any members here that have any (to give an idea of cost/value) or if any are posted anywhere on the forum. I came across that site on one of my many Hj searches, and thought it was a good resource.

Rob

Back