Fliegertechnische Vorschule 4 Bremen

Thanks Received
Hello,
here are some pictures of my "Newspapers" from Fliegertechnische Vorschule 4 Bremen.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

They are great Alois :thumb: The rhyme reminded me of my first army haircut :)

Hi Holzwurm_1920 (and alle other members of this forum) - thanks for starting this post, as it reminds me about af letter opener I have in my Collection, which I would like to have more information about. It is a model like the Luftwaffedagger M 1934 - and it maybee is related to FlTV Bremen.

Here is af Picture of the letter opener (aprox 20 cm. long):

and a close up of the mark:

I have found the same marking on the front of following book about FlTV Bremen:

I have reserched the marking, and the key (bottom left) is the Citylogo from Bremen, the WFG (bottom right) stands for: "Weser Flugzeugbau GmbH" and the 2 "birds" (in top) is the logo for "Rohrbach Metallflugzeugbau GmbH (this firm was bought by WFG in april 1934). FlTV Bremen was placed in WFG. History of WFG and some Pictures from FlTV Bremen can be seen on the following link (sorry I can not copy the Pictures, must be protected or something like that):

"Weser"-Flugzeugbau GmbH - Flugzeugwerke in Bremen

DO ANYONE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS LETTER OPENER ?? IS IT REALY RELATED TO FlTV BREMEN ?? WHY HAVE THEY MADE IT ?? I have never seen a letter opener like this before, only heard that there should be another one in an US-Collection.

I hope that there are some knowledge "outthere"

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Wilhelm Saris - I think that it is an V and not an U (TU d.Lw.) and I think it stand for:

Technische Vorschule der Luftwaffe

there could be other opinions, but that was mine.

Michael

Interesting "Newspapers". Somewhere I have a few, also from Bremen-Oslebshausen [I need someone to clear up my storage room].

4 is not the number of the school, but a Jahrgangsabzeichen, as Wilhelm writes.
The education lasted 4 years, and the badge was used to denote the year of education, 1st year, 2nd year, etc.

I think the letters in the round badge is "T.V. d. Lw". Means "Technische Vorschule der Luftwaffe". The schools changed to this name sometimes during the war, from "Flieger-Technische Vorschule".

Photos from Bremen-Oslebshausen
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f34/flieger-technische-vorschule-7657/
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f34/flieger-technischen-vorschule-bremen-oslebshausen-2323/

Hello Michael. You could be right, but have a good look at the drawing upon the
cover of the magazine. In the upper part it looks as TU. The "U" is the same letter
as with the word Unteroffiziers, which is upon the cover. The second drawing says
TV, that's for sure. I also speak about misconception!

The photo shown is from my HJ-handbook, page 440:

The letter-opener merely is for the WFG-concern, in my opinion. Why should it be for
the Fl.T. V. at Bremen-Oslebshausen?

Attachments

Hi Wilhelm Saris - I think that it is an V and not an U (TU d.Lw.) and I think it stand for:

Technische Vorschule der Luftwaffe

there could be other opinions, but that was mine.

Michael

Hello Michael,
I think your are right. You posted before I finished my post.

Greetings from Region Syddanmark :denmark,
Henrik

Back