HJ reference book

Thanks Received
Hi guys,

Would like to ask which HJ/ BDM reference book is the best for uniforms description as a such in details.

I know 2 good books by Angolia and by D.Littlejohn

They are quit expensive books but fakes selling as original too....:DDD

Can anyone recommend the right one?
As I am new to this I would like to have some knowledge for recognising good from bad...:)

well appreciated
regards Peter

The Angolia books are pretty good , however ; I dont think (to date) there are any reference books on the Hitlerjugend that deal specifly with just uniforms by itself . Your best bet for now is to post photos of HJ/BDM blouses and uniforms that you have conserns with on this forum . There are a few very knowledgable collectors/historians here that can help you out .

The Angolia books are pretty good , however ; I dont think (to date) there are any reference books on the Hitlerjugend that deal specifly with just uniforms by itself . Your best bet for now is to post photos of HJ/BDM blouses and uniforms that you have conserns with on this forum . There are a few very knowledgable collectors/historians here that can help you out .

thx very much for replay,
anyway I would like to have some good reference book just to know something more about the clothing,construction etc...then I can search on the net and off course I will post here before I'll buy something.
Can you pls advice some specific book?
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

The books will not keep you from buying fakes. They show good pictures and you will get a good idea what might be out there to be hunted down. On the other hand there are those companies producing quite well made fakes, dealers who are selling civilian shirts and blouses from that time (sometimes pimped with a few HJ/BDM buttons or even reproduced RZM tags). Some items will be obvious fakes to you if you have had the oportunity to hold originals in your hands for some time. Study the structure of the fabric. Study the way they were sewn. Study how badges were attached. Study original photos (not only reproduced ones). Study others collections in person, if possible hands on. Study this forum. Study ...

If you don't study, you will have a good looking uniform together for a reasonable price very soon. Just do not expect it to be 100 % original.

On the other hand it is painfull but sometimes necessary to buy a fake from time to time to sharpen the eye. After your first discovered fakes you will be much more sceptical and you will pass on a lot of items that for example need the sellers explaination (vet-stories and that kind of stuff).

If you study hard, you will win.
(You already did the right thing by joining this forum!)

Best wishes
Christian

Hallo

The books will give you only general informations about HJ and BDM.It's not enough if you want to build a collection,like ChristianLohmann said,"You already did the right thing by joining this forum".

Back