List of Banns with cities

Thanks Received
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me in which book can I find a list of Banns and their respective cities?

Thanks in advance for everything.

Regards

Antonio

that's actually interesting! I just learnt that my Nord Nordmark boards 184 refers to Kiel, but I'd like to know if a full list exists

Yes, I have lists like that. Are you after any Bann locations in particular Antonio?

Hi Garry,

Not in particular, but just a list in general for me to have and try to understand a bit more about the system. I have started to read the "Youth led by Youth" vol 1 and there are things that I would understand a bit more with a list in my hand.

Best regards

Antonio

Ah, lists like that take quite a long time to put together :) Expensive and time-consuming pursuit I can tell you. I intend to upload my lists in full (they currently only show the Bann and Gebiet number) to the Bann list/area triangle thread soon but you might consider the Saris book in the meantime which also contains researched lists. They are poorly laid out and not always correct but they are definitely very useful. I don't know about the rest of the book but a few of the guys here have said some good things about it.

If you have any general questions on the structure don't hesitate to ask

Edit (March 2010): my lists are now up in full. See this forum: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f69/

The Saris book has detailed lists with locations. It's not as "user friendly" as the lists that Garry has. Where Garry's lists are organized according to time frame, the Saris book shows the Bann numbers consecutively and you have to look under the Bann number and then find the time frame. Also the Gebeits are abbreviated in the Saris lists so they take some getting used to. Both Wim and Garry have been most helpful to me with these sort of questions and I am thankful to them.

Last edited:
Bann 447 Wolfenbüttel, Gebiet 8 Niedersachsen, Obergebiet Nord
Bann 544 Grieskirchen, Gebiet 29 Oberdonau, Obergebiet Südost
Bann 564 Villach, Gebiet 31 Kärnten, Obergebiet Südost

:thumb:

Back