REF new HJ book

The book is now listed on Benders hompage. Pre-publication price untill 15 October 2009 $80.95. Airmail to Europe $41.95.

I ordered the book today. Looking forward to receive it.

"The release date is a projection only ... date cannot be guaranteed."

You can download table of contents and forewords here HJHandbook

First 300 are numbered and signed by the authors.

../henrik

Last edited:
after reading the contents i might hold on this book a bit, i already know all i need to know about bann numbers thanks to garrys` great list and apart from that its all triangles and boards which are not really my area,was hoping for more of a complete new hj book covering all aspects
stu

Im looking forward to its release with all that information between two covers i might start to understand the relationship of the triangles/banns etc which i still dont grasp:D

steve

Im looking forward to its release with all that information between two covers i might start to understand the relationship of the triangles/banns etc which i still dont grasp:D

steve

Just ask questions on the forum Steve. I've got loads of info on the structure plus complete Bann lists including Bann names for 1934, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941/2 and I'm sure we have other members who can add even more. Not much of a HJ forum if we can't help people understand the structure so as I say, just ask questions :)

Just as a rough outline example here's how you would identify a boy's unit affiliation from just looking at his uniform:

The uniform showed how a boy's unit was placed within the overall structure of the Hitler Youth and this was achieved through a combination of triangle, shoulderstrap and button.

HJ Structure - largest structure first (and the corresponding identification on the uniform):

Obergebiet (triangle - West)
Gebiet (triangle - Westfalen)
Bann (shoulder strap - 55)
Gefolgschaft (shoulder strap button - 6)

So, this boy was a member of Gefolgschaft 6 which was a part of:
Bann 55 which was a part of:
Gebiet 9 Westfalen which was a part of:
Obergebiet West

The above was the later identification system. The earlier system included visual indications to show the Oberbann and Unterbann and these were identified through colours and extra numbers on the shoulder straps respectively. Darin's article on the shoulderboards goes into detail on this.

garry
thats is the best way of breaking down the hj system i have read explains it all so easily, you should hve done that book you know lol

:) How about this one:

Bender press announcement

The author presents the reader with an in-depth study of socks worn by the Hitler Youth. Since the 1960s sock lists have been available in Europe and later, lists have appeared on the Internet. This handbook is based only on official sources and contains the most complete listing of Hitler Youth socks known to man. At a glance, one can check a sock's development and its relationship to a specific shoe or boot. Additionally, the socks worn by all known special forces and formations are covered, as well as their development. To supplement the massive amount of information contained in this 784 page volume, over 1000 color photographs of socks plus documents and beautiful period portraits support the text. This book is a "Must Have" for all HJ sock collectors and researchers.

What do you reckon?

Do you not think it'll sell? ;) Damn. back to the drawing board!

:laugh: garry your expertise on hj socks is to be admired but unless you can add a way of being able to smell the contents i think its doomed to fail

:) How about this one:

Bender press announcement

The author presents the reader with an in-depth study of socks worn by the Hitler Youth. Since the 1960s sock lists have been available in Europe and later, lists have appeared on the Internet. This handbook is based only on official sources and contains the most complete listing of Hitler Youth socks known to man. At a glance, one can check a sock's development and its relationship to a specific shoe or boot. Additionally, the socks worn by all known special forces and formations are covered, as well as their development. To supplement the massive amount of information contained in this 784 page volume, over 1000 color photographs of socks plus documents and beautiful period portraits support the text. This book is a "Must Have" for all HJ sock collectors and researchers.

What do you reckon?

I think that statement is full of holes.....:D:D

same problem here. If I ordered it from US I should expect also about 30% more on Customs and Import fees. I'll wait...

At todays exchange rate the deal on WAF is good $78 plus $35 postage works out at £70-00 provided customs dont get their grubby fingers on it , if they do add another £23-00:cursing:

steve

Back