REF new HJ book

got mine

just brought from e bay paid £76 with postage the seller has 3 left item number 160366765453 good luck

JUST GOT MINE EDITION 12 signed. Now it is from a quick view focused on triangles and shoulders so if you are not interested big time in these the book may not be for you. I thought this was to be the end all for HJ collecting but only if you like triangles and shoulder straps. Also there is great emphasis on dating the triangles which annoys me especially after the author has stated there is no way to date them . I firmly believe they are font varieties with some used earlier than others but carried through. There are just to many makers not to have this happen my two cents for all to digest and comment on please

PAUL

Thanks for the review Paul. How has he listed the Banne, Jungbanne etc?

hi paul

this is why i have not bothered when the book was first announced it was to be the THE BOOK ON THE HJ but now it seems it is mainly triangles and boards and as i stated in another post all the bann numbers i need have already been supplied by garry so no need to pay £80 for them

Cheers Paul. So if I understand you correctly he only has detailed info on say, Bann 455 if a strap or board from from that Bann is pictured in the book?

ACTUALLY HE does not show that many straps. His lists are detailed but no more than what you show from what I can see so far. I think DARIN has some opinions and he has been trying to hold back so interested in his candid thoughtsPAUL

too bad, was concidering ordering the book, but when you say its almost alone on the triangles, I 'll pass this one...

now I have 80£ to spend on other things. like a buccle for one. :drool:

Cheers Paul. So if I understand you correctly he only has detailed info on say, Bann 455 if a strap or board from from that Bann is pictured in the book?

Garry, he has detailed information on all the Bann and Jungbann names, dates, etc. Also a section on a4 RZM manufacturers. As Paul has stated the book is great for someone like myself with a keen interest in straps or triangles. It's really focused on those two areas. Not so much general info. As Stu has said, not the end all be all of HJ books, but great for my focus.

I note that the Marine HJ section will be in the next book, on Headgear. Saris states it will cover all known MHJ banne. Since I have a fairly extensive collection of these cap tallies and caps (along with Dani Falk), I would like to let Saris know exactly what my list contains.

So if he is trying to compile a list of all MHJ banne for his book, I should contact him or the other way around as he develops the text.

Advice welcome on obtaining his email address.

Beitzen

There was only one MHJ Bann (Bann 202) and two MHJ Reichsbanne (S and BS). I suspect that Saris means the MHJ-Gefolgschaften etc

Back