DLV or Slovakian HJ knife?

Thanks Received
hello a french young man have look me this knive
what is your opinion
for him it's a DLV knive for help luftwaffe

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The shield is representative of the Slovakian HJ. I remember reading about the maker mark on these as being wings with a wheel, but I cannot find the source at the moment. Perhaps someone else may be able to provide more information.

Regards

Russ

Yes, Slovak is right as Russ says. Over to you Evilmike :) Is it a good one?

Never seen this type before. One of the rivets on the grip is smashed up. I don't know if that's a cause for concern as the overall condition is pretty rough.:confused:

Picture which fits in with whats been said,re the grip emblem, from little Littlejohns book cant find anything on the maker mark,

steve

Attachments

The plate rivets have taken some damage, but would like to see the reverse rivets if possible. Just trying to get a pic of the maker mark from another source to compare. I'm also thinking it is ok at this point. Would also like to see the upper crossguard area and the gap running up between the grip-plates. Is the hilt magnetic or zinc - a little hard to tell from the pics?

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
hi members, for refrence, ive posted an exact grip insignia in the metal membership badges thread a few weeks ago................:thumbup1:

thanks
it's slovak, what i think but why the mark of NSFK in the blade????????

The NSFK mark is quite different to the mark shown on the blade.

I believe the mark is the maker mark, and I'm just waiting for some other info from another collector who has one of these. I'll post again when I get anything else to offer.

Regards

Russ

have never seen one of these in hand so hard to judge but fro the pics i dont like the look of the grips they seem softer than a standard hj grip, also if this is genuine how many wold have been made as they are very seldom seen

Grips are sometimes seen worn down in this fashion - maybe they are all from one particular maker. The blade appears to have seen no major use, as it is un-sharpened. I think it has just suffered from poor storage rather than anything else. I'm still hopeful on this one beacuse of the mark, and I should have some info next week after the MAX show.

Regards

Russ

The stamping on the ricasso is the bottum two thirds of a DLV insignia, not the spread winged Icarus of the NSFK. I cannot imagine why there would be a DLV stamping on a Slovakian HJ knife .. Makes no sense ..

Wahrscheinlich nicht gut .. :thumbdown:

All the best ..

Mike W.

Below left is a DLV insignia and the one on the right is a NSFK insignia ..

Attachments

Last edited:
Mike, although there are some similarities to the DLV insignia, the marking on the knife is not DLV in my opinion. They are quite different marks and it does not make sense to reproduce a partial DLV insignia on a knife such as this.

I have received pics of a Slovakian HJ knife from another collector. I am hoping to obtain permission to show it here, however it has the exact same marking as this one, and also has zinc rivets, as shown on the example in this thread. The blade motto appears deep and dark also. I have no doubt that the example shown in the pics sent to me is an original item, and it compares well with this one, although it is in a much better condition.

Regards

Russ

No problem Mike - yes, I believe these are quite rare knives, especially when they are in a remarkable condition such as the one below. Many thanks indeed to Vintagetime for allowing me to show these pics of his superb knife. Note the similarities to the one shown at the start of this thread. I'm hoping to get more info on the mark, so will keep you posted if anything surfaces.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

No problem Mike - yes, I believe these are quite rare knives, especially when they are in a remarkable condition such as the one below. Many thanks indeed to Vintagetime for allowing me to show these pics of his superb knife. Note the similarities to the one shown at the start of this thread. I'm hoping to get more info on the mark, so will keep you posted if anything surfaces.

Regards

Russ

Russ, here's a close up of the Emblem. I bought this years ago from Tom Johnson.

Best, John

Attachments

Hi John, many thanks for adding the extra pic of your wonderful example! And welcome to the HJ forum!

Regards

Russ

i myself have no problems with the dagger posted by thor62, and the finishing touch is the strange'' makers mark'', off course id really like it in my hands for a full check out, but i hope its a winner.:001_cool:

Back