HJ Ehrenzeichen set on weitze

Thanks Received
on weitze at the mo theres a set of an honor badge together with the doc, the surprising thing is the badge is the deumer with the marking m1/120 on the end of the badge this type of badge is questionable anyway and there is no issue number on the badge which to me makes no sense if there is a issue number on the doc so to me weitze has put a ??? badge and doc together to create a set and make more money :angry:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Just goes to show Stu, trust your knowledge and experience not the dealer. I buy from Wietze quite a bit, but would never just take his word that an item is good. I go with what I think is right.

Yes this badge is a damn little bugger. Very well made. In fact the only thing what is against it is the fact that it not fit in the line of the normally M1/120 MM and RZM logo. According to Gary early replacement badges had the serial number and after 1939, the "B" mark. So what would be the reason of this only RZM marked example? Unless it fit in the period of the re-issued numbered badges by Deumer (They erased the number and re-sold it as some kind of "B" pieces) But than again, it make no sense why they would change the reverse design so dramatically.

We still know so less of these badges...

Regards, Wim

Yes this badge is a damn little bugger. Very well made. In fact the only thing what is against it is the fact that it not fit in the line of the normally M1/120 MM and RZM logo. According to Gary early replacement badges had the serial number and after 1939, the "B" mark. So what would be the reason of this only RZM marked example? Unless it fit in the period of the re-issued numbered badges by Deumer (They erased the number and re-sold it as some kind of "B" pieces) But than again, it make no sense why they would change the reverse design so dramatically.

We still know so less of these badges...

Regards, Wim

Wim,

Does the dot pattern of the pebbling match with the other M1/120's?

Cheers
Don

..According to Gary early replacement badges had the serial number and after 1939, the B mark...

Regards, Wim

Here's the Reichsbefehl reference for that change Wim:

RB. RJF. 36/K dated 12.4.1940.

Just a quickie on the 'B' marking: neither the above order nor others that I've just been going through explicitly state that the replacements were to be physically marked with a 'B' - just that they were known as the B-Ausgabe or Zweitausfertigung. I wonder if the application of the B was stipulated by the RZM?

@ Don: I already tried to look at the dot pattern. It comes close but I have the feeling that a slightly shifted die can cost half a row of dots. There is not much to compare on a Golden HJ Ehrenzeichen exept the reverse set up.
You can try the dot pattern, de thickness and design of the borders and corners, the swastika and the thickness of the inner field borders, but it keeps difficult. It's easy to spot the fat dots of a '15' but not the tiny ones as used by the other makers.

@ Gary: Good question about that B mark. It can only be solved by some one who has all the period articles. :crying:

Regards, Wim

Back