"Teufelsmütze". Does anyone have any information about these caps?

Thanks Received
Hi Guys... I have never seen the caps that these girls are wearing before, does anyone have any information about them? Cheers, Hansi

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The girls called this the 'Teufelsmütze' (devil's cap/hat). The official designation was BDM-Mütze (for JM: Jungmädelkappe). It was made of dark-blue wool with the stripes being white wool and was part of the 'rank and file' BDM winter uniform.

In June 1940 a regulation was issued which stated that for the duration of the war the BDM girls were to knit these themselves and to this end a pattern was made available which could be ordered by post for 10 Rpf. The hats were not available for sale in RZM outlets.

Thanks Garry for the regulation I did not know this specificity after 1940.

No probs lauri.

There's another regulation from 22.7.1938 where the 'BDM-Schimütze' (also dark-blue with the two stripes at the front) was introduced for wear by the JM as winter headgear. When part of the JM winter uniform the hat was designated as the 'Jungmädelkappe'. When worn by the BDM it was designated as the 'BDM-Schimütze'.

Clothing regulations from 1940 show that the BDM were wearing the 'BDM-Mütze' (the item I mentioned in my post above) as part of their winter uniform. The JM were wearing the 'Jungmädelkappe'. Hope that all makes sense :crying:

Thanks a lot for that detailed information Garry... I don't think that I have ever seen any other photos of BDM wearing these caps... or maybe I just hadn't noticed. In any case, I've definitely never seen an original one for sale anywhere... or even photos of one... but some must have survived. It would be great to see one in closer detail... so if any member has one in his or her collection I would love to see a photo...! Cheers and thanks again... Hansi :thumb:

Does anyone have one of these caps ?
If so , please post photos .

Some pictures

Attachments

Attachments

I saw only two exemplar since last year, one from Ebay and the other from WAF (not for sale)

Attachments

Wow... ! Thanks so much Lauri, the photos are fantastic... and the cap is really beautiful... I could wear one of these myself!!
I love the design with the little point at the front, I can see why they called them 'devil's caps'... and the group photo is very interesting too. These caps must be pretty rare as they never seem to appear in anyone's collections, and I've never seen one on any of the major sites... in fact, until I stumbled over the photo that I posted at the beginning of this thread, I had never seen one at all... so, the old saying about learning something new each day rings true!
Thanks again for the great photos... I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will really enjoy seeing these... brilliant! Cheers, Hansi :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Now thats what I`m talking about , thanks for posting Lauri .

I don't recall selling price of it. It was listed with a blue diamond member pin so the seller really had no clue about HJ items, it probably went cheap.

Thanks to all. I really appreciate to find new subject to debate with you but i don't have the chance to be the owner of one of this interesting BDM Mütze:001_smile:

The quality isn't good but here's another shot of some Jungmädel wearing the Teufelskappe:

Attachments

Back