BDM 1 liner Gebiet triangle , help ?

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I spotted this BDM photo on Ebay , but cannot identify her Gebiet triangle , Can somebody help with the triangle ID .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I dont think its Pommern .

Attachments

THE one liners I have seen have a very different and distinct embroidery to the name no where near the bevo types later on.
for a start can we agree on the first letter being P ??

as a PS none of the one liners was ever considered period so your pic is a complete surprise to me

:canada1

I agree that the first letter is seems to be a P .

This photo is on E bay Germany . It is titled " Slowakei Pistyan BDM Madchen Kinder im uniform photo 2wk " .

Last edited:
Here is the photo uncut as listed .

Attachments

The very last letter on the triangle looks like a "g" to me, it has a little hook at the bottom.

Triangle ending seems to be a g as in ...berg or ...burg

I think the back of the picture it does not say Pistyn.
There is no i (or I can't spot the dot) and the last two letters of the word read rather au in my opinion.
It is quite hard to judge if one doesn't have more words written by the same person. This is not a clear Sütterlinschrift nor a Kurrentschrift. Maybe some other German could help. To me no town or area crosses my mind right now. :confused1:
Interesting foto by the way.

Deutsche Jugend Slowakei

Hello,

Last year, I opened a tread about the 'Deutsche Jugend' (youth who are ethnic germans, who lives out of Germany but who are not german citizens).
Here we have a picture taken in Slovakia and the triangle could be 'Pressburg' (Slowakei / Bann 1).

Best regards

Attachments

Mabye someone should add this one to the Gebietsdreieck database .

Back