Postcards

my point DARRIN is there is so much stock out there in fact most are unissued and they are asking hundreds of dollars for them don't make sense unless they think we are all stupid sort of like SS cuffs no shortage of them yet the prices are far out of reach for most collectors

:canada1

I think condition has a lot to do with the prices Paul. Unused examples seem to be higher priced for sure.
Hi Darin,
I agree with you Darin, some cards are worth a fortune, especially when the edition is limited. Here is an example :
Best regards
Eric

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Paul,
no, I don't have exact figures. I only know that the HJ propaganda postcards published before 1934 are very scarce and hard to find in good condition and unused.:yo:
Best regards

HJ Postcards

A never used card ,in my opinion is worth far less than a card that has been sent through the mail with postmark and message.That insures the card is not a fake.There are so many fake cards out there you can buy them on the Internet for 32 different 'rare' cards for 15 or 20 bucks for an uncut sheet.They are every ware.I will not put a card into my collection unless it has been used,or rather me say I will not spend the big bucks for a mint never used card

The reason a lot of cards were printed for a special event or a celebration they were not reprinted.Postal Stationary on the other hand was used throughout the Reich years.There is one series of cards that was called 'Getting to Know Germany' there must have been millions printed they were a lot cheaper than the full color propaganda cards that are so cool to have.:usa

I agree that used cards are generally more valuable as it helps in authenticit however when there is a will there is a way. tr stamps are not rare stamps for any matter and it can be faked. look at the hitler diaries for example,the gb maltese crosses. I have seen rare wutton on edge, rare ironbridge crosses faked by ....a farmer's son now working as a urologist in hammersmith hospital...

the only way to tell if it is genuine is to send them for paper analyses. else you trust your dealer.....but does your dealer trust who he originally bought the item from... or does he have doubts he is not telling you...

The market for postcards is not an open market...prices siad are often a reflection of what someone is ready to pay for them rather than how rare they are.....

:usaA postcard that has been sent through the German postal system would be very very difficult to forge,The card have very specific size and border limitations the cards went through inspections and defects were destroyed the stamps are from the time period and very very difficult to counterfeit,the postmark with date and city or machine cancel are impossible to recreate and of course the message most of the time has a very common theme ,"having a great time wish you were here" the regular stuff one would put on a postcard.I say used cards are far far better of a investment than a perfect looking card that might well be a fake.If you want to have a good collection of cards buy from reputable dealers and buy used

For someone with a mindset and ability the replication of a postcard of any type with or without message, with or without period postage stamp affixed, and with or without replicated cancellation whether machine applied or hand stamped is a simple undertaking. Many of the currencies of countries of the world are counterfeited today and have been since their introduction and this offers a much greater degree of difficulty than the replication of a post card but is no obstacle for those who are determined to do so. If mankind possesses the ability, knowledge, technology, and fortitude necessary put a man on the moon and safely return him to this planet then replication of a postcard is mere childs play.

Postcards of the Third Reich are interesting, historical, artistic, and often colorful. As such they are widely collected.

Back