Hitler Youth Pennant and funeral ribbon opinions please

Thanks Received
Hi,
I am new to the forum. It looks like there is a great wealth of information here!

This past weekend while at a show I found some interesting HJ items. Until today I had never seen an HJ funeral ribbon. Is there anyone here that could post some pictures of another HJ ribbon? I am curious to see if the golden orange color is just faded tomato red. By all indications it doesn't seem to be faded.

The pennant was a bit of an oddball with the black back and hand embroidered diamond. Looks like it may be earlier. Any opinions or information would be great.

Thanks in advance!

:001_smile:

Admin edit: hi and welcome to the forum. I've uploaded your pics this time but please note that we don't allow the posting of links to externally-hosted pictures. This is done to ensure thread integrity should pictures be deleted at some point by the external host. Thanks.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

ss-collector,
The funeral ribbon is among the top 10 in my collection. Now I dream of a room with HJ uniforms from the smallest size to adult size then the funeral ribbon displayed with an HJ funeral card. That display is a long ways off.

The sport shirt is missing the RZM tag but still has the small size 5 tag.

What do you think about the pennant? Is it early BDM?

Thanks

yes i have only seen a few hj funeral sashs before ;) the other guys here are better educated on the pennant, i would agree with the twisted cord to the edges and the way the diamond is sewn making this an early piece member here RMR has early JM pennant with this type of diamond, i would have no trouble with any of the pieces in my collection!

good veiw on the uniform displays keep us posted in future!

Ewan :scot

hello
sorry to say i dont like the patch on the pennant the swastika looks wrong to but that is IMO the other 2 items are very nice thats the trouble with silk it nearly always fades away on funeral sash

steve

u869ss,
The swastika is a bit sloppy. I think that it's still an early example and is just primitive. The great thing about these pennants is that there is such a wide variety of them out there.

ss-collector,
I did find some of RMR's posts with pictures of some great pennants. One of his BDM pennants even has a sloppy swastika. The back of the pennant is black with an embroidered diamond showing some of the same characteristics as my pennant.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/members/rmr/

hi
i just think the quality of the pennant is superb so why stick something like that on it just does not look right IMO

......The great thing about these pennants is that there is such a wide variety of them out there.....

Yep. But it is exactly that variety which often makes the decision on whether something is period or not extremely difficult. It also gives the fakers more room to manoeuvre unfortunately.

Ostensibly you have a BDM/JM Wimpel and the home-made appearance suggests early. As you say, the sloppy swastika isn't necessarily anything to worry about on the earlier Wimpel. That cord does look odd though as do diamonds on a circular background (sash). There was no 'standard' funeral sash for the HJ so without a reference it's going to come down to gut-feeling. Same with the Wimpel really. My personal opinion based on the pics is that I would not go for either the sash or the Wimpel. Just my opinion though.

Zander has a great pic showing a nice funeral ribbon with a circle background.

I wish I could find such a pic to go with my ribbon.

Attachments

Just like I thought this is a great place to research. Where else would there be a pic with a HJ funeral ribbon.

Back