HJ Goldenes Führersportabzeichen -early award serial number

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I noticed this on a dealer's site today. You don't see many of these around and this one is particularly interesting because of the very low award serial number and the age of the holder.

I wrote a short article on the HJ golden leader sports badge and what was required for qualification here and one of the things that is mentioned is that leaders over the age of 35 who were able to achieve the required points total were entitled to keep the badge and were not required to re-qualify. Those aged 35 and below could only continue to wear the badge if they re-qualified twice during the 5 years following the date of the initial award.

This chap, Willy Hagedorn, a DJ Oberjungzugführer in the appointment of Fähnleinführer qualified for the badge in 1938 (the year the badge was introduced) aged 36 and so in accordance with the regulation he was entitled to keep his badge (serial number 782) and he received a certificate to that effect which you can see below (last picture). It's the first one of these that I've personally seen.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

its a lovely set gar, amazing how rare these thing are, would be even better if it had the badge too

You're right Stu - with the badge even better. I didn't save the pics for some stupid reason but I saw another of these books recently with an award number over 14,000. As you say - where are they all? :)

Ah, found it. Over on H ermann H istorika there is a set including a 'Sportbuch des HJ-Führers' with an award serial number of 14502 (awarded in 1944). Nice set actually.

Attachments

Ah, found it. Over on H ermann H istorika there is a set including a 'Sportbuch des HJ-Führers' with an award serial number of 14502 (awarded in 1944). Nice set actually.

Very nice set indeed. Super Urkunde.

Back