The resurrection of bronze HJ achievement badge, serial No 114452

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

For those of you that missed the resurrection the first time around, (if you are the same age as i am, you definitely missed it:pound:)
The set of modern fake Leistungsabzeichen i bought in September, all with the same number, all made from cheap tin.. well as you know there was a funeral on the 8th September (full post with pictures follows):

For those of you that missed the resurrection the first time around, (if you are the same age as i am, you definitely missed it:pound:)
The set of modern fake Leistungsabzeichen i bought in September, all with the same number, all made from cheap tin.. well as you know there was a funeral on the 8th September. My destructive side got the better of me, and i dug up the black and silver versions to melt them. That brought back old memories of melting my plastic toy soldiers.. it was fun. The bronze version i left underground, watering as needed. The black can be seen in the thumbnail to the left, and the silver on this thread.
From a cheap modern fake to a convincingly "could be".... From burial to resurrection....

All three versions can be viewed as i bought them on the mentioned thread above. The bronze version looked a bit too brand spankers for me, so a little help was needed. A small box, filled with soil, graves were dug, 3 in total and the badges were laid to rest. Sprinkled with salt, some tea bags for company and a warm blanket of cheap Tobacco. Something needed to be done about the pin attachment though, so i kept the older one, that i removed from the S-marked Leistungsabzeichen on this thread, and put it to one side, knowing that it was destined for a new lease of life.

There was a small amount of patina on the badge already, and some rubbing on both obverse and reverse, But more was needed. Even though these are sold as-are on auction sites at the moment as real, i wanted more patina, and that been there feel. (i have since found these same numbered fakes being sold as Reproductions on Militaria net, for £16.- a pop.) All the black ones are, are spraypainted tin, so getting any sort of Patina on that is going to be hard. (hence me melting mine) I suggest you go for the silver or bronze versions. Anyway, after 60 days snug underground, the result is rather pleasing, and i am sure that a few people would fall for it.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Good job.

That pin needs top go on the other way round though.

That pin needs top go on the other way round though.
:nono: every faker has their little trademark. Not forgetting when you "come back from the dead" there are bound to be a few things that are different:pound:. Good catch though, i had wondered who was going to spot that first.

[HIDE=6,29,7]Bits and pieces mate, bits and pieces, that`s all i found. I know we were talking about these the other day, and i went to dig up the bronze one in this thread again, and.... well i have completely forgotten where it was planted.:help: the boxes went into the shed, and now they are no longer in the shed... so there you go. Simple. 2 years ago there, today, not there!

.....bits and pieces.. that`s all i`m afraid :sad:

[/HIDE]

Attachments

114452 A G A I N !!!!!

Anyone else see the 114452 AGAIN... sold as original on MILI321..... mental...
This is worse than that Lazarus story it is.......:mad2:

Attachments

Ah yes, I can't see the stamp as it's obscured by the thumbnails. Hope you're well mate.

Back