Josef Goebbels Youth Hostel Tinnie

Thanks Received
New tinnie. I've seen this one listed in the Littlejohn book. But the finish on this one seems very strannge...like a slightly textured sand finish on plastic. Anyone know why? The reverse says "F. Hoffstatter, Bonn".

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I would think that this was the manfacture who made it .

These particular tinnies are made of the same material as many of the May day tinnies. Some refer to the material as zinc-based or pot ash. Most examples I have seen are lacking the majority of the silver finish on the front and retaining most finish on the reverse.

The price may seem a bit high to some collectors, but most HJ-related tinnies are currently selling at high prices. I believe the seller is offering to cover the shipping and paypal fees, so the actual tinnie cost is a bit lower than the price listed.

Collect100

Did anyone here at this forum end up buying one of these tinnies? I saw a few days ago the seller had reduced his asking price.

Collect100

yes on WAF but I did not ask for any details he is a younger collector so would not trust any story. They look good and are not on any current repro list I know of so we will see. I will post detailed pics when it arrives. The one pictured above is exact but has oxidized some

PAUL

Last edited:
yes on WAF but I did not ask for any details he is a younger collector so would not trust any story. They look good and are not on any current repro list I know of so we will see. I will post detailed pics when it arrives. The one pictured above is exact but has oxidized some

PAUL

paul i hear you! the ones the young guy had for sale look very much exact like the one pictured?

the young mans story(if he has one) COULD be true but as i learned early on and the hard way buy the item not the story! so why even ask whare and when as you say, young inexperianced/old experianced it dont matter as its the item you buy.

are these hard to find paul? i trust when you see it you will know if its good or bad!! i look forward to seeing your input on them for future refrence.

:thumbup1:

p.s sorry if the scot's language isnt readable as i have had a beer again :blush:

sorry meant cattle :lol::lol:, it seemed to be a cottage industry along the border one of my ancestors the Couchmans talked about the never ending raids

Last edited:
Back