Bann number - Weiden, Oberpfalz?

Thanks Received
Hi to all.
I'm a new member to this forum. My field of collecting is mostly Wound badges. However I have a few HJ items in my collection. My father was a member of the HJ and I would be thankful if someone cold provide me with the Bann number for our home town of " Weiden i.d. Oberpfalz ".
I would like to add some boards to my collection.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Detlef

Hi Detlef and welcome to the forum. Yes, we can help you with the Bann number for Weiden but the information is in a Full Member section of the site. To access this you might like to consider becoming a Full Member.

Thanks for your quick reply. I started the process of full membership after I posted my inquiry. Thanks again for your help and I look forward to enjoying my time on the forum.
Detlef

Your account is now set up Detlef. Many thanks and again, welcome to the forum :yo:

Thanks Gefolgschaft, looking forward to furthering my knowledge of the HJ organization.

Hello Brumbar,

Welcome. Interesting name, as my nickname is Brumbär. That's why I have a grizzly as my avatar!

Weiden: to be short. In the earliest stage the Bann was B6, having the name "Weiden",
located at Weiden at the "Oberpfälzer Wald". Weiden was in 1933 a part from the "Franken"-district
and since early 1935 from the "Bayerische Ostmark"-district.
Due to a re-organization Weiden became in 1936 known as Bann-number 306 with the name "Stiftland",
also from the "Bayerische Ostmark". In 1942 the district was named as "Bayreuth".

So the numbers you are looking for: brown shoulder-straps with B6 with blue number and piping; 306
in brown with the branch colors red, blue or yellow and black shoulder-straps with 306 with the
most important branch-colors red (Allgemeine-HJ), pink (Motor-HJ), blue (Flieger-HJ) and yellow
(Nachrichten-HJ) and later white for Streifendienst.

You will like it here. All the best,
wilhelm saris

Last edited:
Wilhelm ( actually my fathers name as well ) thank you for the reply. I had started checking the database and was getting a little confused. The logistics in organizing this must have been staggering to say the least. I would imagine it gets easier the longer you persist.
I am also an avid armour enthusiast and the name was taken for one of my more favourite panzers. The "Sturmpanzer 43", nicknamed " Brumbar ".
Thanks again for your help. It is very much appreciated.
Regards
Detlef

My apologies Detlef...

In my PM to you a day or so ago I gave you B40 as the early Bann for Weiden. That was wrong but let me explain, I have a defence :001_smile:

I have a huge map published in 1934 which shows the locations for all units at that time. The confusion arose because Bann B40, Bann B 1/40 and Bann B 2/40 (whose locations were directly south of the area covered by Bann Weiden) were also administered from Weiden. This is stated on the map at that location about four inches away from the town name so I made a note 'Weiden' and started writing my response. I should have cross-referenced the map data with the Bann lists on the forum and had I done that I would have spotted my error straight away. Again, my apologies and as Wim says, the correct Bann for weiden is B6 (later 306).

Garry. No need for appologies. From the short time I have spent on the forum it appears to me to be a logistical nightmare with all the organization and re-organizations.
Any idea what the B stands for?
Thanks again for your help
Detlef

Indeed, things did change a lot during that short period! The 'B' stands for 'Bayern' .

Thanks Gary. I had suspected the B stood for Bayern. Nice to have it confirmed.

Back