Thanks Received

List last updated:
1st of March 2024

This is the running list of HJ membership badge makers. As new confirmed makers come in they will be added to this thread.
Note: to be included into this list the maker must be shown in a primary source and/or the badge must be fully discussed.

Without the M1/ prefix: Produced between mid 1933 to around mid 1935
You don't have permission to view attachments.

NO MARKINGS example
GES.GESCH. example example2
GES. GESCH. 8 example
Hoffstätter-Bonn-GES.GESCH. example1 example 2
Hoffstätter-Bonn-GES.GESCH. RZM How many makers of the diamond-shape Hitler Youth membership badge were there?
ZEUGMEISTEREI ÖSTERREICH example
OECHSLER-Ansbach-GES.GESCH. example
BOERGER und Co. example
RZM 4 cap badge (relic)
RZM 6 example
RZM 8 example
RZM 9 example
RZM 11 example1 example 2
RZM 14 example - stickpin version
RZM 15 example - knife diamond
RZM 17 example
RZM 18 example 1 example 2
RZM 23 example
RZM 24 example
RZM N°25 example example 2 (relic) example 3
RZM 26 example 1 example 2
RZM 28 example
RZM 29 example example 2
RZM 31 example1 example (cap badge)
RZM N°32 example
RZM 33 example 2 example 2
RZM N°34 example
RZM 44 example (relic)
RZM 39 example
RZM 52 example
RZM 63 example
RZM 69 example
RZM 72 example 1 example 2 (relic)
RZM 75 example
RZM 90 example

With the M1/ prefix: Produced after April 1935 / Opaque red badges are linked separately:

M1/3 example 1 example (opaque)
M1/(empty) example
M1/4
M1/6 example 1 example 2
M1/8 example 1 more examples
M1/9 example 1 example 2 (cap badge)
M1/10 example
M1/13 example 1 example 2 (cap badge) example 3 (knife)
M1/14 example 1 example 2 (stickpin)
M1/15 example1 example 2 (opaque cap diamond)
M1/20 example
M1/23 example 1 example 2
M1/25 example
M1/27 example1 example2 (different pin base)
M1/31 example
M1/34 example 1 example 2 (painted) example 3 (knife)
M1/36 example
M1/39
M1/42 example 1 example 2 Example 3 (opaque)
M1/44 example (opaque) example 2 (normal enamel)
M1/47 example 1 (painted)
M1/52 example 1 example 2
M1/62 example
M1/63 example
M1/65
M1/66 example example 2
M1/70 example 1 (knife)
M1/72 example 1 example 2 (cap badge)
M1/75 example
M1/77 example
M1/78 example
M1/80 example
M1/85 example 1 (cap badge)
M1/90 example 1 example 2
M1/92 example example 2 (knife)
M1/93 example example 2 (zinc)
M1/95
M1/99 example
M1/100 example 1 example 2
M1/101 example example 2 (for knife)
M1/102 example
M1/103 zinc example example
M1/104 example
M1/105 example (opaque) example 2 (normal enamel)
M1/115
M1/120 example 1 (zinc) example 2 (knife)
M1/127 example 1 example 2
M1/128 example
M1/130 example
M1/136 example 1 example 2 (opaque cap badge)
M1/137 example
M1/138
M1/139
M1/141 example
M1/143 example
M1/145 example
M1/146 example (zinc)
M1/148 example 1 example 2 (zinc)
M1/149 example
M1/152 example
M1/153 example 1 example 2 (zinc)
M1/154 example (opaque)
M1/156 example
M1/157 example
M1/158 example
M1/159 example 1 example 2
M1/160 example
M1/162 example
M1/163 example
M1/164
M1/170 example
M1/171
M1/172 example
M1/173 example
M1/174 example
M1/184
M1/185 example (zinc)

Foreign Hitler Youth Badge Makers

Hitler Youth in Croatia
ZEUGMEISTEREI ESSEG example 1 example 2 (stickpin)
KNAUS-ZAGREB

Hitler Youth in Hungary
Unknown at present Foreign Hitler Youth HJ membership documents (Hungary, Slovakia etc)

Hitler Youth in Slovakia
Unknown at present Slovakian Hitler Youth members badge

awaiting further suggestions...

Fantasy and fake makers marks

OTTO HOFFMANN-ORANGE Dutch Hitler Youth (No such orange diamond existed) https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f63/fantasy-dutch-hitlerjugend-badge-orange-seller-nordwind-10500/
OTTO HOFFMANN-GES.GESCH (Although there is period proof that the name Otto Hoffmann did exist, no original badges are known by them to date) [link]
RZM-GES.GESCH (Original badges are not known to date with only the RZM logo and the Abb. Ges.Gesch) HJ badge fake or not
NO MARKINGS (Although original unmarked badges are known, fakes are also known with no markings)
DRGM (No period HJ badge will have the Abb. DRGM) DRGM on a late war HJ badge ? Why?
BM1/122 (Pure fantasy markings) Is this Hitler Youth membership badge BM 1/122 real or fake?
M1/34 (Although a legitimate makers number, fakes are also known using this number) https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f63/fake-HJ-membership-badge-m1-34-a-7406/
M1/52 (Although a legitimate makers number, fakes are also known using this number) https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f63/m1-52-fake-7902/#post55168

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again i post this question ......Also how many made them for daggers ??
I think you mean the HJ-Knife? the HJ never had any Dagger, it was called a "messer" or knife... and your question relating to these is not possible to answer, unless you destroy HJ knives just to see the back of the diamond for a makers mark.
And even if you did, you would still not have your answer. (unless you broke apart every HJ knife known - and even then you could not be 100% sure)

Even if 100,000 people contribute to this thread and list all the known MMs on HJ-diamonds you will still have no guarantee that that maker(s) actually made the badge.

At the very best, with contibution from others, you will get a "possible makers marks to encounter on original HJ post-1933 membership badges, cap badges and HJ knife diamonds " list and thats it, you will never know all of the makers.

.. and you will never know if one maker who made cap badges also made membership or knife pins (Prong-backed) etc etc...

Then there are the early 1933 cap, knife and membership diamonds that have no makers marks, and those that have only GES.GESCH. - impossible to attribute.

This s what i was after .I think i can add about 6 to this list.Best regards Pete
Maybe you would care to share your extra 6 makers ? That might help others in the future who are also looking for similar info?
Yes?

With pleasure.

HJ Knife I have M1/63
Also for Student Badge M1/63
HJ Diamand i have M1/34 M1/105 M1/154 M/171 Hope tis has been of help.I have 2 more comming soon dont know numbers yet will keep you posted.Many thanks.Pete UK

Good question Pete. Bit harsh there Jo but I agree with you. A long-running thread like the one on WA is dangerous in my opinion because it indirectly legitimises every badge shown. Of course the majority will be legitimate badges but the danger is that without researching the maker we don't know whether he actually made HJ membership badges.

At the very best, with contibution from others, you will get a "possible makers marks to encounter on original HJ post-1933 membership badges, cap badges and HJ knife diamonds " list and thats it, you will never know all of the makers.

have added the numbers supplied by pete to the list of makers who made membership badges, but like garry said just because a badge has one of these numbers on the reverse doesnt automatically make it genuine :thumbup:

are there any members who have hj badges by a maker not yet listed ????

Where did your list come from Stu?

Hi Jo,

Do you see the makers on Stu's list repeated in your primary sources? I know that you wouldn't have put up your three if they weren't shown in a primary source but can I assume that you agree with the makers on Stu's list? That would be helpful and would enable us to have an ongoing list in a new thread linked to Pete's here.

Excellent. Okay, I'll amend Pete's first post and will add the list. As new numbers come in I'll update it :thumb:

Are these good numbers Jo?

M1/20
M1/63

Excellent. Okay, I'll amend Pete's first post and will add the list. As new numbers come in I'll update it :thumb:

Are these good numbers Jo?

M1/20
M1/63
M1/20, thats the "ficker" from Beierfeld... LOL.. no really, that was his surname :lol: (i guess they didnt use that word back then)
Strangely enuff, i dont ever recall seeing a Steinhauer (63) HJ badge, but i guess there must have been, they made almost everything else - when it comes to small badges.
There are also the fully marked Hoffstätter HJ badges too from mid 1933.

lol

Okay, M1/20 added plus the early Hoffstätter. I was reading a Verordnungsblatt about the Hoffstätter thing today actually. I used to have one of the early non-Hoffstätter badges that the RJF were moaning about. Shouldn't have sold it but hey.

Dont forget OTTO HOFFMANN ! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... if you do, you will have Lakesidetraders, Collectors Guild and many many MANY others weeping......

Actually though, there is that thread here on the forum where we discussed him being a possible maker. I wonder if that got their hopes up? :)

Actually though, there is that thread here on the forum where we discussed him being a possible maker. I wonder if that got their hopes up? :)
Yeah sure, especially still by 1933 anything was possible. But, until a good badge by him turns up, all we have is that the NAME existed, and not as previously thought by everyone .. "A Fantasy name"
I still think that every HOFFMANN marked badge seen to date is a fake, starting in the mid 1970s and being made till today.

Its like M1/129, sure they got a M1/ license in 1938, and sure they produced Tinnies, but we have to agree that every enameled badge marked M1/129 to date is a bad fake... so possibly this Hoffmann thingy falls into the same category, Name (or number) is real, but all badges are fakes - so far anyway.

hi gar

all the makers on that list i have seen at least 1 good badge by so i always assumed they where good makers, its taken of waf but before i saved it i went through the entire thread checking each maker to a genuine shown badge,

Hoffmann funney very funney.ha ha ha . Heran was right i had the small M/20 off him forgot about that one ,dam things are everywhere.Sure on the M1/63 i have a knife one and a students one as well.
Yes Jo that was a bit harsh ,ime telling teacher.I am happy for you to make a valied point.
I do wish to learn from those that do.Best regards Pete

Back