Deutscher und Österreichischer Alpenverein with HJ?

Thanks Received
Just found an image in the photo albums here thats confusing somewhat. Does the abbreviation not stand for the German & Austrian Alpenverein ?

Deutscher und Österreichischer Alpenverein

Why is it adorned with a Hitler Youth badge??
You don't have permission to view attachments.

2019 EDIT:
The Hitler Youth has no connection at all to the German-Austrian Alpenverein. The badge in post 1 has been "humped up" by some plonker soldering a HJ badge onto it. Genuines do not have a HJ badge on. The Plonker that did this, has ruined the badge. Beware of this Hump-job! If anyone spots this Hump-job for sale in the future, please post details here.

Attachments

Last edited:
never seen anything like this before looks like a fantasy piece similar to the ski badges the turn up all the time

I've seen this style badge around for years now. I don't know what it is, if it's good or not. They have been around long enough to have gotten some aging to them if they are a fantasy or copy.

Hi and i have no prof if it ok fake or fantasy the badge did comes frome a grouping from this guy

Attachments

Hi and i have no proof of the id or this badge never seen one befor so i have no referns to go after

Well it cant have anything to do with the HJ, not just because the badge has clearly been added on much later over the bottom of the skis, (leaving a empty space under) but because of the name and the time period. They were a non political org, and had nothing to do with the HJ or NSDAP. The Alpenverein badge is no doubt from the 1920s, and maybe the HJ badge is original too, but the two of them cant historically be together on this item.

Seeing as they were a non polit. org, they were still active as normal right through the NSDAP ban in Austria, and only changed the name to DAV after the annexation. So considering the name change, the badge/award could even be as late as early 1938, but a connection with the HJ is not just far fetched, its not possible.

There is no doubt that it was added by someone who did not know what the D&OE.A.V meant, otherwise they would not have added it.
It`s bit of a shame really, because the badge collector i showed this badge too, says it`s quite a rare one as well, but now worthless because of the modification!

very interesting indeed not a great advert for the forum going by this thread either

I was made aware of the situation with the Railhouse (Tomas) badge a couple of days ago in a PM from Davie. Absolutely not to the level of detail he put in the WAF post though. It was just an angry but vague statement about a badge belonging to Railhouse in the sports section and that it wasn't part of a set as Tomas had stated. That's all he said. He didn't send me a link to the thread and I couldn't find it so I asked him to get onto Tomas through PM to discuss it with him. He clearly didn't. He ignored my PM and decided instead to post on WAF and GMIC.

He has been fully able to contact Railhouse the whole time but maintains that his main account was "banned". It is now but only since this afternoon after I saw the WAF outburst. I asked him to get in touch with Tomas two days ago.

Have either of you guys been in touch with Tomas to give him the chance to respond? If not I'll PM him.

Well as far as the initial badge in post 1 goes, post 4 has no bearing on it`s authenticity or anything else, but i guess if a stink is being kicked up about this particular badge being directly linked to a konvolut or grouping that it never came from on ☻ other forums ☻ which does seem to be the case with this badge, then i guess it`s only correct to have that mentioned here for future reference, seeing as this is the original thread where that horrendous and possibly malicious comment was first mentioned, a comment directly linking a small badge that has been willfully manipulated in order to confuse and squeeze more collectors dollah`s out of the hands of those who `collect`A small, trivial, and possible slip of the tongue comment made by the buyer in post four, fueled by the rage of a banned poster, has nearly turned into World War 3.

This could be the scoop of the year you know:

"Badge that was once said to have come from an irrelevant, unknown, unimportant and obscure lot ▬ consisting of no more than an ID and a small enamel badge ▬ now revealed to possibly not have come from that small, irrelevant, unknown, unimportant and obscure lot ▬ consisting of no more than an ID and a small enamel badge!"

Dont know about you lot, but i`m getting chills up my spine & my toes have curled up.

Attachments

Last edited:
Quite. Davie's real issue isn't this badge but yes, Tomas clearly needs to address this. Have one of you guys let him know that his post and the badge are being discussed?

Quite. Davie's real issue isn't this badge but yes, Tomas clearly needs to address this. Have one of you guys let him know that his post and the badge are being discussed?
Nooooo, i am keeping well out of this, and to be honest, things like this are way over my head anyway. I am just your simple meat & 2 veg guy. If the wife serves up only 1 veg. i just sit there at the table like 12 o`clock half struck. I will leave this detective ▬ bordering on a mix of Inspector Morse, Colombo and Sherlock Homes ▬ work up to the real profi`s. And besides, where to start? there seems to be more contradictions on the WAF post that there are in the King James version :pound:
All i could possibly help out with, would be an appropriate "punishment" dished out to the culpit(s) should they be exposed. I am well into all that Medieval stuff you know, and have always had these ideas of things i`d like to try out..given the chance.

The post on WAF
Anyone offered this group, please be aware of the problems it has
makes it sound as if this badge is up for sale, with the other badge and ID? is this the case? Were this not the case, then one may be inclined to think that the innitial post at WAF was nothing more than trouble starting...

Last edited:
It seems clear that the badge and the certificate are not a set and it's clear that Tomas said that they are so he needs to address it. Neither you, I nor anyone else should be speaking for him until he has explained his side of this. I'll send a PM to him now to let him know about this discussion and I will expect that he does indeed address the matter.

Edit: I let him know about this thread just now through PM and hope that he'll respond quickly.

It seems clear that the badge and the certificate are not a set
? I thought i had read it as such: :noidea:
There was a small green German Mountain club badge sold together with mountain ID, those two items belonged together. Then later, the badge at the top of this thread, the humped up German and Austrian Mountain club badge with HJ diamond was bought by the same collector, aaaaand, as he wrote in post 4. said that all three items belonged to the same grouping, when in fact the only items that belonged to the initial and indeed correct grouping, were the small green mountain badge and ID - two items and not really a group, but nonetheless.

Yes, I'm sorry. I was a little preoccupied with the libellous aspect of the WAF/GMIC thread.

As I say, I've sent a PM to him with a link to this thread which in turn links to the WAF thread. Let's wait until he addresses the situation.

Hi no w have i lokated where the badge came from it is from philip bakers collection that bought many things from year ago: and it is realy hard to gett in contact in member that are banned i have tried to contact him but i gett i send the message An d i did buy this badge because that i think every hj referns books have similar to this badge (and that are not any evedens that it is real i know)

Hi Tomas and thanks for replying. I just read what you posted on WAF too. He is now banned here (as from today) so he won't be able to respond on this forum but I would hope that he responds on the thread he started on WAF.

Hi no w have i lokated where the badge came from it is from philip bakers collection
Nice, so there you are, a simple typ-o. But why is the WAF thread titled" Warning - HJ - Grouping" ? Have these badges all been offered together recently described as all belong to the same group? because the post on WAF ends off with:
Anyone offered this group, please be aware of the problems it has..
I dont understand the panic really?

Hi it is a large group from two brothers that i bought from collin
Sure, i read that now on WAF, that the lot was huge with stuff and things and trimmings, but my question is:
Why has the original poster made such a Hu-Ha about the fact that this badge does not belong to the group, and if anyone is offered it they must beware...have you advertised all the stuff for sale? because that is how i am interpreting the original post by the now banned user HoHum....

Surely if you are not selling these items, then there is no need for the panic and apocalyptic warnings on the WAF (and GIMC forum) post?

Back