My Hitler Youth and BdM sleeve triangles

Thanks Received
Today arrived four more pieces I was lucky to find on the net. Two BDM from Austria (Suedost Oberdonau, Suedost Kaernten) and one HJ and one BDM Ost Sudetenland both in very good condition with RZM tag. I put all of them together for a nice picture. See yourself.

If you want to see a specific one more detailed, please let me know. I would trade one of the HJ Ost Sudetenland for one HJ or BDM from Austria you don´t find on the picture :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Michael,

overall, great start. Nicely put together.
There is but one thing that has struck my attention, can you confirm or deny the fact that the "Ost Berlin HJ triangle" has white lining?
Maeby it is just the lightening, but if this is the case I would like to have a few on the backside of this one, to exclude that the lettering ; Ost Berlin" has not been colored yellow.
Wizardelf
:belgium

Hi Wizardelf, you are completly right, it has a white lining. This was also a point of discussion before I bought it, but the seller said he would have bought it as an original and I would have the chance to give it back if it is clearly stated as a fake. I will make more detailed pictures for you.

Michael,
It doesn't need to be a fake.
IMO this is a genuine BDM altered to look like a HJ triangle.
And by doing so the chap forgot to alter (color) the borderlines.
Therefore I asked you to show or have yourself a closelook at the backside of the triangle.
Wizardelf

WOW GOOD EYE , can't believe I did not see that. The weave seems okay but we do need a reverse of this one. Could be a factory defect also :canada1

Paul,

Factory defect? Is this possible?
If I'm not mistaken they come on bands of cloth and need to be cut after they have been manufactured. So this one would have been the first of a series of HJ (male) triangles and to be possible, the personnel in charge of the sewing machines would of forgotten to change the thread from white to yellow.
Maeby, but I remain sceptic to this possibility? I rather like to stick to my theorie of modern alteration by someone, unless the reverse looks flawless, but I have my doubts about that.
A real shame for a triangle who is not rare, but not all that often encountered either.
Wizardelf

If it has been "YELLOWED with a highlighter pin , The coloration may come out if you soak it warm water .
I bought a Koln Aachen triangle before that had been colorized from white to yellow . I soaked it and the color did come out .

Sorry guys I kept you waiting, but here are the pictures. The back looks like one from BDM and it seems that the front lettering has been colored. But I am still not too sure about it.

Attachments

And let me show you another one that arrived yesterday. Nord Niedersachsen

Attachments

The Ost Berlin is an original BDM triangle with colored lettering on the front. As Joe has said soaking it in plain warm water will probably restore it to it's correct condition. Pity someone colored it up.

Michael,
Sorry to hear I was right all along, hopefully soaking it will resolve the issue.
But this proofs again not to rely always and alone on what a dealer/seller is telling you.:amen:
I'm not accusing the chap who sold it to you, maeby his knowledge (I always look at things at the bright side) was limited on Hj triangles,
but in case of doubt, turn to this forum and ask some of the people around for a second opinion.
Hey this forum has the expertise, better to use it in once advantage.:good:
Am I right or am I right?????
wizardelf

Wizardelf: Of course you are right. Better one more time of asking than another time of buying crap. But you may know it yourself. You see an option and you go for it. To me it was no fail, I may try to get the colour out, if it works, all is fine.

first time I have come across this sleight of hand forgery in these obviously done to deceive IMO :canada1

Paul,
Than you may praise yourself lucky, I also have encountered it before.
But in my case, the fellow, did it on the front and backside.
Of course having seen the triangle only by picture, I went for it.
Luckily for me it wasn't a rare one. I was fortunate to be able to get all the ink out, so now I have a BDM triangle, wich is laying around for, at the time being I do not collect these ones.
Oh, who knows maeby one day I'll start with these also, so at present I'll keep it.
wizardelf

Back