Luftwaffe Training School Stade

Thanks Received
First off, I know very little about the history of WW II or Germany, but I am trying to fill in details about the life of a relative, now deceased, who was very dear to me. She was a youth in Wiesbaden, Germany and I assume must have participated in the League of German Girls, as she would have been over 10 years old in 1936 when the law made it mandatory. She had related that she spent time working on the farm of a Nazi supporter as a young girl. In 1942, at the age of 17, she joined the Luftwaffe and was trained to work at an early warning radar station. This may have been in Stade (near Hamburg) as there are photos of her with her co-workers, as well as photos of the town in an album she made from her service years. It seems that at some point she was separated from her work there and forced to head east with some Russians, spent some time in an internment camp, and traveled with fleeing refugees back to her home. My questions are many - but foremost, I would like to know if there is any documentation to be found with specific names of women Luftwaffe personnel and I would like to know if anything happened at the station in Stade that would have caused her to be heading east with the Russians? I have been trying to put these events into perspective and figure out what happened when and why. Any thoughts by anyone much appreciated.
Lena

Back