Unusual Hitler Youth buckle - DJ to HJ conversion

Thanks Received
A VERY UNUSUAL BUCKLE, GILT HJ centre over a DJ buckle comments please. PS this is a verified vet bring back :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Paul

In Angolias book "Belt Buckles & Brocades of the Third Reich" are there on page 277,278 and 279 pictures of 4 buckles with gold wash finish - the text says "Probably worn solely by the Marine-HJ, but no regulations have been encountered that would substantiate this". There are also a picture of an MHJ with tekst "presumed gold HJ buckle" The book is from 2001, så maybee there are new knowledge somewhere aut there among the forum members.

I think that the Marine-HJ-idea make sence. So if anyone have regulations/papers from the MHJ one may find something there ?!?!

On page 270 in the same book are there a foto of exactely the same buckle as yours, same stamping and also former DJ-buckle (bud NOT with gold center).

Michael :denmark

Here is one that was on Winkler's site. It appears to show the method of conversion not completed.

Attachments

Hi Michael,

Angolia's statement about the gold buckles is not borne out by the clothing regulations. I see no evidence in them that the Marine-HJ ever wore a buckle in a gold colour. It is always shown that they wore the same buckle as the rest of the Hitler Youth. I'm referring here to regulations and period books/pamphlets going from 1933 right through to 1943. See also posts #40 and #41 of this thread where Wim discusses the same matter.

Hi Gerry

My post #5 was only a hint to Paul in what direction he maybee could find something about goldbuckles. I now can see that Wilhelm Saris have examined old regulations/papers in post 40 and 41 in above thread - and found no evidence for goldbuckles, so be it.

Angolia is also in doubt since he writes: " "Probably worn solely by the Marine-HJ, but no regulations have been encountered that would substantiate this".

Still much to be examined out there. but this forum brings a lot of knovledge and evidence to the members.

Hi Michael,

I know what you meant :) My comment was more directed towards what the Angolia book says.

Back