The ultimate HJ membership pin?

Thanks Received
Hi,

This one is on Weitze's update. A "common" real golden HJ membership from Baldur himself! IMO the provenance is not very great considering the relative low price he ask for this precious little thing. I mean if the background information would have been solid, he would ask much more than 2500 EUR.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Regards, Wim

Admin Edit: pictures added

Attachments

That badge is neither one thing nor the other is it? It has a higher gold percentage than the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen but isn't engraved like those were and the pin setup is also different. I suppose it's possible that Schirach wore something like this but as you say, the provenance is clearly not the strongest so Weitze is just punting it out there to see if he gets a bite. I definitely wouldn't bite, even if I had the money. If the story is true then the vet must have done that dreadful engraving... All in all we are left with a HJ membership badge made of gold and a story.

Weird badge. Yes, not one thing or the other. If I were presenting the reichsjugendfuhrer a special badge it would have to be special and this badge ain't that. The alternative is that he commisioned it for himself but why on earth would he do that? The HJ was all about being equal and using "Du" instead of the formal "Sie". No way that engraving is period......

.. All in all we are left with a HJ membership badge made of gold and a story.
Yes, we are left with this, normal HJ badge made from 18 carat gold, as opposed to the ultimate, HJ badge-awarded - to Baldur - made from lesser, 14 carat gold.
To me it smells of a English forger, well known for producing fake HJ badges in gold, silver etc.. He was a member here but is now banned.

I dont care about this, and i hope that someone buys it :biggrin1:
I hope that all they have left in their account is enough for this, and that they spend it all!

What i do find very strange though, is this.

Phillip Bouhler`s badge, which was called the Das Goldene Ehrenzeichen der HJ, specifically so, because it was made from 14 carat SOLID GOLD.. is offered by Weitze in a rather poor base material "ausführung" as genuine.
And now this, normal, garden variety, HJ membership badge for Baldur, supposedly made from solid 18 C gold and engraved by Boris the animal.
Doesn't add up.

If it is gold, then definitely worth the current gold price, everything else is up to whether you chose to believe this dealer and the story that he has been told. I personally do not believe any stories that come out of dealers mouths first-hand, so certainly would not bite on a second hand story. Each to his own, not for me, thanks for posting, i will have to pass, i need what little funds i have left for toilet paper, bin liners and mouthwash.

Last edited:
Back