HJ Hochland Badge 1934

this had been on the guild for some time and I think the poor press on these enamelled HOCKLAND TINNIES HAS HAD THE DESIRED EFFECT SAVE YOUR MONEY. they WOULD SHOW UP PROUDLY WORN ON PERIOD PHOTOS LONG AGO IF CORRECT

:canada1

We need a member who lives near there, where the Lager/camp was in 1936, then we all club together and buy 10 of these, send them to him, he goes down there, digs a hole, plants them, and then the wife photos him "digging up" a hoard, freshly dug, from the camp site..?? what more evidence would the collectors need? we could sell them all, i know a guy in California....... :yo:

YES BURIED BY MEMBERS OF THE SECRET AND NEFARIOUS HOCKLAND CULT of cross dressing HJ with affiliations to the SS WHAT A STORY SHOULD SELL A FEW ON EBAY

Belatedly I've just come across this thread, looking at the badge at the start, it looks good to me and the Deschler mark correct. I notice Helmet Weitze's militaria site has one on offer and I also have one (unfortunately with a broken pin) to me they look the same as the first one posted. Here pictures from Weitze's and mine.
Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

just because the pin is broken does not mean it is correct I am afraid they go to all means to age and sell these since the hue and cry has gone out on the enamelled HOCHLAND BADGES.

Once again , IS THERE ANY PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of this badge in PERIOD wear ???

my 5 cents ...

Paul,
I'm always open persuasion, post 6 you write - " One thing I do not like about the version shown is the rough DESCHLER logo" - any chance of posting a picture of a rectangular pin plate with a Deschler & Sohn - München 9 marking, which you consider good.
Regards
I know you are not talking to me, but i will chip in here.. these kind of Deschler hand stamps on pins are common, very common, and Deschler used this kind on many different Badges/Awards.
I cant speak about the HJ badge as i don't have one, am not interested in them, but what i can speak about is the Pin Plate and the name, i cant see anything out of the ordinary here, in fact i would place money on it being a 100% genuine Deschler pin plate. The picture to the left here, shows a Genuine Deschler pin plate on top, (badge in question is a Hans Schemm commemoration badge in bronze from 1935. You will note the small letter "E" in München, that measures 0,3mm. Both badges shown here are identical to a known 1935 Deschler pin plate.

Right is the culprit Schemm (a really common badge worth no more that €10.-, yet still worth picking up and keeping for moments like these, or to use as a replacement pin) and left is an enlargement of the original pin plate.

Attachments

Last edited:
Paul, i think i have seen them before in a catalog, but don't know if that was a period or post war catalog? will put it on my list of things to do this month. Apart from that, never had one, not interested.

Back