HJ Feuerwehr

Thanks Received
Hello,

Not the best quality for this photo but it is interesting to see the specific HJ-Feuerwehrscharen uniform.
I'm looking for regulations concerning this particular outfit.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

There is a lot of general information about the HJ Feuerwehr in this book (German):

Axel Polnik
Die Bayreuther Feuerwehren im Dritten Reich

Chapter 3.2, Die HJ-Feuerwehr, pages 264 to 303

Price on ebay.de 49 EUR

You can see some (most) of the pages on books.google.com

Last edited:
In this book "Die Bayreuther Feuerwehren im Dritten Reich" is in the section
about HJ-Feuerwehrscharen consulted from another book: "Jugendfeuerwehren in Deutschland,
Entwicklungsgeschichte
" from Benno Ladwig (an old friend of mine). The book was published
by the EFB-Verlag from Hanau in 1986 (first edition). It has 121 pages.

I do not know if it is still available, but one can try when interested, as it long ago (1986) since
it is being released. The ISBN = 3-88776-028-X
The book deals with youth in fire-brigades from 1865-1932; 1933-1945; 1946-1965.

I see that amazon.de knows where to get a copy. Price between 6,- and 10,- euro or so. I did not have
a good look for that.

Last edited:
Wim, do you know this one? from EFB-Verlag also :

Attachments

Yes, I do have this one for about 28 years. It was just released in 1983 and given to me by a young German
friend when he visited me for discussing the HJ. I thought someone of his family did work at the EFB-Verlag
in those days, when I remember well.

I thought it is for sale through booklooker.de through a private seller. It is just listed, I see.

Last edited:
The booklet is a summary of articles from old magazines, orders about uniforms and its service
(Reichsbefehl 57/K from August 12,1940), various old newspaper articles, articles from Deutscher
Feuerschutz (October 16, 1941; Hitler-Jugend im Feuerschutz from Kriegsjahr 1941), so from all
kinds of sources and has many photographs from those magazines. Quality of the photographs
could have been better, but in the mid-1980's it was great to get it. And it still is. It is a
well of information. The last page is an article from the Schwert-und-Spaten-magazine from May 31,
1942 with uniform-drawings.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I ordered this book, it sounds very interesting for a first research!

A new batch of photos. I appreciate to clearly see the different specific equipment for firefighters.

Attachments

.../...

Attachments

Really great photos showing the uniforms of the Feuerwehrscharen. Thank you for showing them!

I feel gealous! I love to collect those Hj firefighters items (its my favourite theme. These ones are really interesting with the different uniforms. I think those ones come from ebay?

Hi Albrecht. Yes I know you like HJ bomberos :) I had these pictures on WAF e-stand. This documents found on the net are very useful to appreciate the uniform and the equipment :

Attachments

My hj belt

Just for interest sake I have a fire belt obviously HJ size in great condition and it is surplus to my collecting needs so let me know what you have and remember shipping will not be cheap from CANADA :canada1

Attachments

It would fit nice with my Hj firefighter project : Rubor:

Attachments

Back