Deutsches Jungvolk DJ rucksack (Marschgepäck)

Thanks Received
Hello

Does anyone have more information about the DJ Marschgepäck, graphic or photos? Thanks for your help.
Lauri

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

No, the writing does not sound like they were talking about the tornister.
The information in the attachement is very detailed about the fabric.
Good question: What did the Marschgepäck look like?

It's a mix between the tornister and the breadbag, with removable straps. I'll try to retrieve the drawing. It's was also used by JM.

Here's a pic of the DJ Marschgepäck chaps:

It is also described in Bekleidung u. Ausrüstung der HJ 1934 p114.

A "DJ-Marschgepäck" is noted in RJF Verordnungsblatt III/46 dated 19.12.1935 as having been exclusively trialled in that year by Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg. The order is entitled "Schulranzen" and states that Mecklenburg was the only Gebiet permitted to use it and that manufactureres were not authorised to sell the DJ Marschgepäck to any units outside of Mecklenburg. Thinking logically, this order can't be talking about the version pictured above because that clearly existed prior to 1935 and the fact that it is shown there means that it had already been authorised.

"Schulranzen" is a word now used to describe the stiff, box-like backpacks worn today by schoolkids here in Germany so the order may well be talking about a version of the HJ-Tornister for the DJ.

Attachments

Thanks for your reply Garry. I have this small tornister. Maybe the Gebiet 24 schulranzen? or more simply a backpack for Pfadfinder or other youth movement.

Attachments

I don't know to be honest Lauri. Even during the period where the version in post #5 was authorised, the boys seem not to have always used it. Here are two photos from 1934 showing the variety of back packs used by this DJ group in Cham:

I can't find many clear instructions on the DJ Tornister. "Bekleidung und Ausrüstung" from 1934 shows a photo of a DJ boy wearing the standard version (see below) shown in post #5 above but then the 1936 RZM manufacturing instructions state that instructions for the DJ Tornister would be "issued in due course".

Later orders and regulations concerning the Tornister don't seem to make any distinction between HJ, DJ, BdM and the JM. More photos of DJ wearing the Tornister would be useful I think.

Attachments

The mystery is not solved but thank a lot for your help Garry :thumb:

I think it is this one. The specifications are the same as the document posted by Garry. I just take it on an well known auction site. Not a bargain :cursing:

Attachments

Thank you. Around 150€(and only 3 one hour before the end of the auctions!). Unfortunately it is very difficult to find period pictures of the DJ marschgepäck...

I thought I was the only one interested! Do you know more about this curious backpack?

Thank you for showing the Marschgepäck. I have never seen one of these before.
I have been using my old Tornister for about 30 years now.
I dealt with hundreds of Tornister over the years for scout groups in Germany.
But I have never ever seen a Marschgepäck. Thank you for the pictures

no other info. I only know what all can find in the commun documentation and i search many years long a model like yours now !,but never see one .
I only find in some other collections (from old collectors)the same little tornister that you show one time .I ve the same one too.

Hello Bertl. Thanks for your reply. It's a shame not to learn more about this strange bag. I can not find any photos. Pictures of your same bag as the first one I posted?

Better photos of the DJ-Marschgepäck.

Attachments

A sale on Ebay today.

Attachments

Back