SA STORMTROOPER (Oberrhein) Overcoat with Kepi .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I recently aquired a really nice SA Overcoat and Kepi .
I could not find a Forum that specializes in the SA so it goes here for all of you to enjoy .
I dont know much about the SA , a collector I know needed money .
I liked the Coat and the Kepi as the colors just scream 1933 to 1935 Germany , so I offered him $1.500 "all in" and he excepted .
Can anyone tell me what area and city this set came from .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Woah, nice looking items Joe. Wim or Lauri will know what region this is from I think. If I did not collect HJ insignia, SA would be my choice. The dual colored piping on the uniforms always looks sharp.

Thanks Daren
I dont collect S/A either ... at least until now LOl .
The color combination was just to seducing for me and I had to give in , as the price was right .

Hey Joecool,

Number 222 is from Hessen, with the headquarters at Friedberg. According to July 7, 1933
orders from the Oberste SA-Führung their district color was navy-blue with a red-light-blue
piping and a silver button. This is correct. I do not know out of heart of the piping color
did change, but I thought it was since 1939.
Yes indeed. With orders from June 1939 new shoulder-boards came into being and the piping-color
for the collar-patch was from then on brown/aluminum.

The top color for the cap seems a different color blue to me, merely cornflower-blue. This
color came into being during the war and was worn in the Oberrhein-district. The eagle anyway
is the pattern from June 1937. In mid-war Friedberg still was located at the Hessen-district.

Maybe I am wrong with the color I see and it is indeed a match, but normally navy-blue is
a darker blue.

Last edited:
The color cornflower-blue came into being since March 1941 for the new SA-district
of Oberrhein (mentioned in the Verordnungsblatt from May 20, 1941, number 14, page 6).
As said I can misjudge the color as when photographed with flash or with other
circumstances the color can look lighter as it is in reality!

Just impressive, you did a good catch and so beauty. Everyone would wish that on his collection!

Great posts Wim. I can never tell the various shades of SA used greens and blues apart, and agree flash and photos can make the colors look differently than when items are viewed in person.

Thanks everyone for your comments ... High five to Wim .

ha ha,agreed!

i would smile from ear to ear every time i looked at it for a month at least!:biggrin1:
OK ... I will think it kinda weard if you copy/paste and enlarge the photos (of the Kepi with Overcoat) up POSTER SIZE and pin them on your wall .

Last edited:
On another note ... Very Good to Ex condition SA Kepis are really hard to find .You can allways find a stripped brownshirt from 50 to 350 US dollars . However , An unmessed with SA early pre38 overcoat with original insignia is super hard to find .

Back