Fake BDM pennant with Untergau 74 (House of Swords)

Thanks Received
this is a BDM double sided pennant,i question the origionallity of the piece,some say its fake cause its printed,anyway what do you think?

Admin Edit: thread title subsequently amended to reflect the information contained within the thread.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

hello, in my honest opinion its a reproduction sorry!

Hello Ewan,

I'm not sure that this pennant is a reproduction.
However, what bothers me with this item :
- The pennant is very faded and it still has a RZM label assigned to HJ uniforms.
This label does not match at all with this pennant and was added later.
This is just my opinion!!

Best regards

Eric

Hello Eric i hear what your saying and advised the same about said tag in another thread, when you look at the material close ups it looks nearly there but not quite imo the zigzag to the center circle also looks loose and period zigzag is much different, the rope hanging loops dont fill me with glee ither imho, of course i could be wrong but not for my collection!

i respect your opinion Eric :thumb:

regards Ewan

no i actually have no black uv light,but i did a burn test on the thread on both pennants i have posted the BDM & HJ pennants & the thread burned & didnt melt,the BDM pennant is a tricky one being double sided & the RZM tag looks like its been on there for a long time,.& the pennant itself is aged appropriately,im sure the HJ did
print some pennants,im still studying the item & undecided on its origionallity,thanks for commenting.

From Traders of the lost shite maybe? I know that they have a lot of stuff from House of Swords, so possibly a fake from them back in the 80s? Looks horrible though. Funny thing, when i tip BDM pennant into my browser, i get the same number, 74. Hmmmmm

&...why screen print one side, and then sew a fried egg onto the other?

Attachments

Last edited:
Some other fakes from that side (thank you Jo) have the same RZM-tag.
And as said before it is strange to be so faded and still have the tag.
This kind of zigzag stiching is another dead giveaway.
And the Adler is also not in the center of the circle.
Not to speak of the Number 74...
So I think it is time to move it to the fake section.

From Traders of the lost shite maybe? I know that they have a lot of stuff from House of Swords, so possibly a fake from them back in the 80s? Looks horrible though. Funny thing, when i tip BDM pennant into my browser, i get the same number, 74. Hmmmmm

&...why screen print one side, and then sew a fried egg onto the other?

imho its a complete fugazi

look at it close up in the last photo the red outer reinforcement stitching is HMMMm also!

and as you say nice quality on one side then a print on the other, it dont fill me with glee atall, can also no one notice the material is not the cotton type weave looks to be shiney and kind of waterproof looking, never was great at putting things into words!! :sad:

Jo has nailed it with that link! just checked it! look at the rope attachment loops on this hj pennant below!

the same faker i would bet!

someones glued an original clothing tag to it and humped up to sell (look at the horrible glue splodge just left of the tag also!

send it back Wingman

Attachments

no i actually have no black uv light,but i did a burn test on the thread on both pennants i have posted the BDM & HJ pennants & the thread burned & didnt melt,the BDM pennant is a tricky one being double sided & the RZM tag looks like its been on there for a long time,.& the pennant itself is aged appropriately,im sure the HJ did
print some pennants,im still studying the item & undecided on its origionallity,thanks for commenting.

these tests are not fool proof as early fakes can be found in the right thread and do not glow etc

heck original items can glow after cleaning and being washed too!

Jo has nailed it with that link! just checked it! look at the rope attachment loops on this hj pennant below!

someones glued an original clothing tag to it and humped up to sell (look at the horrible glue splodge just left of the tag also!

send it back Wingman

Yes, House of Swords flags look like that, and all grubby, made to look old, i bet Joe Walters used to roll around in the hog pen with all this stuff before it hit their catalog.

send it back Wingman
yeah i will probably return it,it was cheap though i guess thats what you get for buying cheap crap hey,thanks for all the comments lads
& i will be more carefull in the future.

Yes, House of Swords flags look like that, and all grubby, made to look old, i bet Joe Walters used to roll around in the hog pen with all this stuff before it hit their catalog.

dont know much on them mate but the stuff they are selling is SHOCKING ! some of the worse i seen there is one other out there just as bad with all the fantasy ss armbands at shocking prices like $800 they also note on the items for sale that it sold for offer $400 you know of it? loads and loads a crap!

The pennant in post 1 is very clearly a fake. Firstly ikt is printed and secondly no way that it would have swastika on one side etc etc. Clearly a fake piece of ####

Back