Hi Garry,

I already got the book and, yes, I am happy to have it. I will be having a deeper look at it and also try to look for more info about the Begabtenförderung. So far, I have scanned (with my mobile) the part talking about the Reichsberufswettkampf,but it could be interesting too to have a look at the Jugendbetreuung part (from page 99 onwards).

Once thing, it is only a few pages but, should I upload in the "download" section the part talking about the Reichsberufswettkampf?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Excellent. Looking forward to hearing more Antonio.

Yes, you could use the download section.

Hi All,

I have a query with a book (gift from my Father-in-law). The name of the book is "Die Hitler-Jugend und Ihr Selbstverständnis im Spiegel ihrer Aufgabengebieten" by Dr. Jutta Rüdiger. There is interesting information in this book about the competition. There are also attachments to the book, BUT without saying the sources.

I have just attached a pictures of that particular "Anhang". Does somebody recognize to which book belongs that information?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

Attachments

Hi Antonio,

I have that on page 66 of the Anhang in my copy and there she gives the reference as Günter Kaufmann's 'Das kommende Deutschland'. I've just uploaded the Kaufmann book so if you go HERE, download the book and then go to to pages 186, 187 and 188 you'll see the info :thumb:

This is another very useful thread and thank you. I wanted to help but you have already the numbers I had :h

I found a complete list of all Reichssieger for 1937 today. List updated and reference added.

Discovered an accurate figure for the number of Reichssieger in 1944. List in post #1 updated

Dont know if this is interesting for anyone, 1934 Urkunde :w00t:
Quote: Kein weiteres Exemplar bekannt! - The only known example. Starting bid seems more than fair to me.
LINK

Attachments

Very interesting and informative thread.
Thanks Clive.

Table in post #1 has been updated with a confirmed number of Reichssieger for 1934, 1935 and 1936. Also added the number of Orts- and Bezirkssieger for 1934.

Second figure for the number of Reichssieger in 1934 found.
Total number of participants in the 1944 Kriegsberufswettkampf found.

Table in post #1 updated.

It's also a question if everybody had an award in his possession. It seems that they had to pay for their Sieger plaquette on Kreis level, probably also on Gaul Level. And what about Reichs level? Maybe they only got the official document/certificate for free from the state. The more I study about political enamel badges, the more I see that nothing was free in the Third Reich, that you had to buy it all by yourself. Like the FM membership pin for instance; the price for that pin and the membership book was incorporated in the first 1,5 RM contribution you had to pay. Goebbels secretary, Frau Pomsel had to pay a one-off contribution of 11 RM to become member of the NSDAP after 1933.

Regards, Wim

Back