"Musikwoche auf Schloss Hubertendorf" (NPEA) Sept. 1942

Thanks Received
Hello,
here are some pictures from the "Wiener Illustrierte" from 23.Sptember 1942.
"Musikwoche auf Schloss Hubertendorf", interesting are specially the shoulder boards of the boy on the two "big"pictures.
Look like NPEA-board without NPEA-letters, has anybody a idea which boards this could be.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The first NPEA shoulder straps were in various colors depending upon the Schule location without the NPEA designation. They appear much like Imperial cadets straps. I do not have any of these in my collection but have seen them in others here.

Hello Darin,
this was also my first idea, that this could be early NPEA shoulder straps, but this is a report from 1942.
An other idea is that this could be "Luftwaffenhelfer" boards....
Best Regards
Alois

The explanation is simple :
- the pupils who were not being yet officially admitted in the institution because they had not yet passed the test of the end of the trial period did not wear the traditional NPEA shoulder straps.
Once the exam passed and validated, and not before, they had the right to wear the straps with " NPEA" letters.

Hello Eric,
thank you.
Very interesting to see such boards in 1942. This pictures in colour would be great, that we could see from which NPEA the boy was.
Best Regards

Hello Alois,

Here is another example. I guess this picture is after 1942.

Best regards

Eric

Attachments

Hello Ewan,

this photo is very well known and it is before 1938 because the pupils wore brown shorts.

Regards

Eric

Back