"Teufelsmütze". Does anyone have any information about these caps?

Hi everybody,
Contrary to what is said, this cap is not a rarity.
Helmut Weitze and Kai Winkler have sold the same thing last year and prices were similar.:bored:
Best Regards
Eric

love the look of these caps, but i had not yet seen those anywhere before.

Is this the cap itselve or the cover to put over the cap? and where is the swas in that case?
I'm quit sure that, if these where a regulated item, they will come to the market at some point.

and I must say that i love the prize range. these are items even I could afford to obtain. but then again, how often do they come up for sale....

:belgium

Yes, it's interesting, when I first posted the photo and question concerning these caps, having not seen them anywhere before, I wasn't really expecting very much response at all. It would seem, apart from the odd one for sale here and there, and when compared with most other areas of the uniform, that they are pretty scarce... even quite rare. There are some great photos around showing the caps being worn, as we have seen, and together with the few surviving examples mentioned above, it's clear to see what lovely but often overlooked and forgotten objects they are. It has been a great thread and I would like to thank all those who have contributed in a positive way, by shedding some much needed light on these very interesting articles of clothing! Cheers... Hansi:clap2::thumb:

I think what it was missing was the wide review covered on this thread. As I said I didn't even know they existed and I could have met them before at fleamarkets in Austria without even noticing. Now I'm alerted :001_smile:

Another example of the Teufelsmütze.

Photo dated Christmas 1940

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice Ebay sale

Attachments

Hello Ewan,

the term "Teufelsmütze" (devil's hat) comes from the German folk tradition since the 17th Century, due to witchcraft trials that have made numerous victims in Europe.
The word has survived until today.

Best regards

Eric

This cap was sold by Hermann-Historica earlier this month (67th auction) lot #9371. The price was 480 euro + 23 % salery (Limit 250 euro).

Description: PARTEIORGANISATIONEN - Lot Nr. 9371 - A winter cap, so-called "Teufelsmütze" (tr. "devil's cap"), for Jungmädel (JM) in the League of German Girls (BDM), depot piece with RZM tag. Condition: I-

Attachments

Photos of girls wearing the Teufelsmütze are rare.

Until now I only a few.

In this thread two girls are wearing Teufelsmütze without the white stripes

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f34/cemifors-bdm-photos-6032/index2.html#14

Hello Henrik, could this be the home knitted version? i cannot see them changing to a little white then back to blue when doing them at home? then again i am being subjective here!

i have been keeping an eye out to see if i could notice a home made version in a photo, one that matches the order Garry spoke about!

sorry but my computer (for some strange reason) does not multi qoute :noidea:

Could be the home knitted version, to me there is no white stripes on the caps.

Hello Henrik, could this be the home knitted version? i cannot see them changing to a little white then back to blue when doing them at home? then again i am being subjective here!

i have been keeping an eye out to see if i could notice a home made version in a photo, one that matches the order Garry spoke about!

sorry but my computer (for some strange reason) does not multi qoute :noidea:

By the way, it looks like the model is popular to small children. Try to make a photo search on google for Teufelsmütze

There was an article about these mütze in a recent collectors magazine, but i forget which one.

Could be the home knitted version, to me there is no white stripes on the caps.

By the way, it looks like the model is popular to small children. Try to make a photo search on google for Teufelsmütze

yes i noticed this , there is also ''how to'' videos on the Tube !

here is one i have arriving from Berlin Brandenburg any second now !

i am 95% on the tag and will sure know when i have it in hand, some of the tag details are lightly printed this is what worrys me a bit from the pictures, an in hand will sort it tho!

i asked for a better tag picture which was the last one i uploaded and was the decider to purchase it! i like the tag and feel it has a good chance of being original, what does the membership say?

:thumb:

Attachments

what does the membership say?
:thumb:
it says; You have done it again! Nice :second:

If it turns out to be genuine, you have a real find indeed.

Attachments

Back