HJ sleeve triangle "Mitte Mittelrhein" OK ?

Thanks Received
Hello,
I got a picture from a collectorfriend which is at the WBK in Kassel at the moment , he sent me a picture of the backside, of a Mitte Mittelrhein triangle, he asked me "is this triangle OK".
I am not sure.
What is your opinion.
Thank you.
Best Regards
Alois

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Triangle OK ?

Hello,
here is picture of the frontside of the triangle, maybe it helps.
Best Regards
Alois

Attachments

Hello Alois,

it is a fake..... ! On the back side of the HJ triangles, the thread must be vertical or obliquely for the early triangles.

Best regards

Eric

I am not 100% sure that this one is a fake yet .

Hello,
thank you for your opinions.
I found the same triangle in wilhelms book on page 79.
The triangle from my collectorfriend does not shine under the UV-lamp.
Best Regards
Alois

Attachments

I think we need more opinions still , I leaning more on the side of this triangle being a good one .

More opinions please .

the weave is totally wrong a good fake where the faker missed the details , and even the early ones did not have such a high thread count :canada1

thank you for your comment Paul, I could not do better with my vocabulary......!

The only thing I know about the triangle is that it is in a collection since the early 1970's.
That's what I know.I have not heard of fakes from that age! But who knows? Maybe it is
indeed a fake after all.
But could'nt it be a manufacturer's manufactured variation? There were many manufacturer's
that did produce these triangles and the one or the other may have come with a special
specimen, which might have been not approved by the HJ High-Command.

Last edited:
I am still not convinced that this triangle is fake .. Yes the weave is wrong , however ; it could be an original with a short manfactured run . There must have been dozens of companies that made triangles from the earliy 1930s onwards . And there were many variations especially in the 1930s .

Ok, thank you for your opinions.
Then is the triangle in wilhelms book on page 79 also a Fake.
Best Regards
Alois
Hello Alois,

you are absolutely right and I still think it's a fake. I like not at all the backside of the triangle that you showed us yesterday.
I never would have bought it for my personal collection.

interesting is it has a weave line along the bottom like the top of border of a SB insignia, the rear threads almost has the same rope look threads as the standard bearers insignias also. however i would not like to comment on originality as i simply dont know!

watching with interest tho :scot

Remind there is an official difference in manufacturing, as mentioned in the regulations:
1934 = 100/2 with 75 threads for 1.0 cm (Garnart); 40/1 with 38 for (Schuss).
The script 60/2 with 38 .
In 1936 = 80/2 with 80 threads (Kette/Garnart); 40/1 with 40 (Schuss).
The script 40/2 with 40 theards. It is all very technical. In the regulations nothing is said
about vertical or horizontal weave.
You really think all manufacturer's have followed the instructions?

Hello,
There is no problem with this triangle. It's one of the few manufactured between 1933 and 1934 without RZM regulations.
Best regards

ref page 79 we can not say without seeing the reverse which is the key. I have over a hundred district triangles and none have this weave but some have a similar front as I stated earlier think a good faker almost got it right in this case :canada1as an adjunct this may also be a one off unlisted weave by a very different maker who did not get a contract it is that good.

Last edited:
Back