Really strange Deutsches Jungvolk painted membership badge RZM 72

crack

Thanks Received
This must be a fake surely? Painted but with early RZM marks and look at that pin??

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yep, only a crack head would think this is real. Pardon the pun :001_tongue:
Afraid you have acquired a typical Made in Eng-e-land fake badge.
Here is another, the reverse of a easy-to-spot fake Parteiabzeichen showing the same UK attachment.

Or is it offered for sale somewhere?

Attachments

Hi there,
Thanks very much. No, it's not mine. It's being offered by Dan Kelley at Treasures of the third reich.

Have these fakes been around for a long time? You'd think a dealer would know about them?

Oh dear :sad: he is a member here, i doubt he will be much pleased now.
Yes they have been around since Adam was a boy, and the fake transitional markings for this are also known RZM 72.
A zinc badge, painted, marked in the transitional way should have raised alarm bells anyway, but the attachment should also have given the game up.
Even though there were more kinds of attachments before the RZM standardized the badges (from this period onwards we see only a few styles of attachments used, replacing the many home made ones and weird shaped ones found before 1933/1935)
there were never any small German organizational badges that used this kind attachment. When you look at the UK during 1900-1945, you find this being used, on Fascist badges, all kinds of UK made badges.

the other thing of course is that the argument has always been that all these painted badges are from the late war period when materials where harder to come by, but the dj badge had ceased to be worn on uniforms by 1934 , so that sort of kills that argument lol

WOW TO ME BEING A COLLECTOR OF WW1 CEF BADGES, THAT PIN BACK IS A SURE SIGN OF AN ENGLISH MADE BADGE FROM 1902 ONWARDS, VERY SAD TO SEE IT HERE ON A german FAKE :canada1

Well, that is one nights sleep less for me. And Paul is spot on. I am not even a little bit pleased. However, the Crack man did exactly what I would expect from any member of this forum. I am guilty for this mistake and apologise to my fellow forum members for not paying attention. Any commentary is always welcome.

RZM 72 fake Deutsches Jungvolk membership badge

..... and the fake transitional markings for this are also known RZM 72.
Here is another easy to spot fake using the transitional markings RZM 72

Attachments

Back