Thanks Received
Hi,

Here's my first Hj shirt, im very happy with it, but when the post arrived couldn't believe how small this actually is. I presume it was for a very young boy, maybe 4 or 5 years old. So far i have a lot of questions and hope the forum can help me out.

I wonder how rare it is to find such small sizes? It is tagged size "38" on the inside of the collar. I don't think a boy of lets say 10 years or older could wear this shirt.

This will be a project for the coming future (probably very long future) to make a complete mannequin of. I would appreciate very much if anyone has any tips on what to add. Im aiming so far for shoes, trousers, a belt with buckle, halstuch ... and?

Can i add a hj armband to this shirt, or was the boy too young, what buckle should i add (and how rare is it to ever find one in such small waiste size?)? Would it be appropriate to add a sidecap and if so, a black or brown one? I saw quite a few black ones in photo's.

As you can read im new with cloth and this is not my usual area of collecting. As a medal collector im a complete novice with cloth but would love to learn more to make this into a nice display! If anyone has anything i could add i would appriciate offers or tips on where things i miss are for sale too.

best regards,
Gaston

Im having a hard time understanding the forum software,but hopefully this works?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Ps: in case anyone saw it recently, this is the one from Butscheks last auction.

Attachments

Boys of the age you mention (4-5) were officially not authorized to wear the brownshirt.
Jungvolk age is 10-14. Remember boys were smaller in those days (is my opinion). A
boy of 10 possibly could have worn it.

As there is a sigrune, no armband is worn.
There is no shoulder-strap (was introduced July 1935), so I guess the buckle would be DJ
and the cap be black! The belt and buckle should be the regular size, not the small size.

should be RZM marks on the inside of the belt hooks aswell mate,you should check those,also buttons should be marked HJ/DJ,though not all were,i like it,.i have a similar blouse mine being a Deutsch-jungvolk blouse,very small size.

Last edited:
DJ Blouse

here is my Deutsch-jungvolk blouse Nord Niedersachsen size 43

Attachments

I agree with Wim, some of these 10 year old boys were very small. There are many period photos of D.J. members who appear extremely small in stature.

yeah i agree i recently purchased a couple of waffenrock wehrmacht dress tunics & they are very small size,i immediately thought how could a man fit into this tunic but
people were just smaller 70 years ago,comes down to diet mostly there was not as many hormones & vitamins etc in the food back then,& helmet sizes you see that aswell
with the increase of the size of the average human skull,like men wearing a size 60 stahlhelm which now would fit very few men probably would not even fit most teenage boys nowdays.

A couple of photos of very small DJ members.

Attachments

Great early photos Daren , I like the early sidecaps with piping .

Many thanks for all the information, for sure helps me a lot in the right direction. I will update this topic in the future when i find something new, though it could take a while.

The small sizes still stun me sometimes. I picked up a KM jumper that just looks impossibly small but it was a different world and diet back then.

It is a long time ago I collected uniforms, but all I had (except one) - even my uniforms
for adults - were quite small. My army officer did not fit a regular male mannequin, but fitted
a boys mannequin. I am not wondered at all many uniforms found do have a small size.

Back