HJ & DJ trumpet banners for review

Thanks Received
Gents, I was offered these two trumpet pennannts and would ask you to have a look over them if they are OK to buy. Thank you!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

And the DJ one

Attachments

There is a lot of variation with these banners but I'm almost always suspicious of flags and banners that have RZM labels on them. These are items that were used outside in sun, wind and rain and they would not have been bought if there had been no intention to use them. Not for me.

What are the Hersteller numbers on the RZM tags? If you have the Saris book, it has a list of RZM permitted names. Some of them were flag makers. If the tag matches up with a flag maker there it's possible the tag is original to the banner.

I can try to get better pics of the tags. What makes me a bit nervous are the fringes... at least on the DJ one. Shouldn't they be of silver color and more thin than these ones?

Hello Michael,

don't worry Michael, your banners are all OK and they match with the regulations.
However, the RZM tag was added recently . It is easy to understand.
It does not matter and I don't understand where is the problem.
Removes the RZM tag and the problem is solved.

Best Regards

Eric

There is a lot of variation with these banners but I'm almost always suspicious of flags and banners that have RZM labels on them. These are items that were used outside in sun, wind and rain and they would not have been bought if there had been no intention to use them. Not for me.

yes that would be ok if this were an isolated indecent but its not , there is quite alot of mint DJ trumpet banners out there with RZM tags , most also have a zigzag stitch ( rzm trait imo ) to the center runes , someone just got two and posted them in a fb group minty but soiled like the one above , there is also one for sale for 450e in europe now, same minty with rzm tag , i have seen more than 4 over the years also, its just alot of adding paper tags to the same mint items imo , be different if they were used but they are not, just some thoughts :h

Google-Ergebnis für [url]http://winkel.militariasales.com/catalog/images/m37.JPG

i wouldnt go taking it off just in case :001_tongue:

[/URL]

Attachments

banners

must keep an open mind on these and others as much of the bring backs by the soldiers where items looted out of supply depots and are therefore mint condition best ref would be the hoards found at DACHAU of SS insignia . Conversely there is much high quality fake cloth items coming out of Russia that is fooling many :canada1

Hello Michael,

don't worry Michael, your banners are all OK and they match with the regulations.

That type of cotton tassle can be seen on period photos but I have not seen a regulation where the manufacturing instructions for the HJ and DJ banners is explicitly stated. I would very much like to see one because there is so much variation that some banners make you think that there was not much regualtion at all.

This type of banner is the most common during this period and especially with the white fringe twisted cord.
Approximately 45cm x 45cm for the banner and 5cm for the fringe.
The first regulation concerning HJ musical units date of December 1934
Source : Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei 1934
It has been constantly modified until 1943.

This type of banner is the most common during this period and especially with the white fringe twisted cord.
Approximately 45cm x 45cm for the banner and 5cm for the fringe.
The first regulation concerning HJ musical units date of December 1934
Source : Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei 1934
It has been constantly modified until 1943.

Thank you Widukind for the thorough answer. Just wondering where I might find that Mitteilungblatt? Is there a thread on the forum somewhere?

If you have the opportunity to buy specialized HJ magazines as " Das Junge Deutschland ", you will obtain a lot of information on the regulations of this period.

Hi there, I don't have magazines like that and I couldn't read them anyway. Could you post scans from a source that shows how these banners should be made? I'm only asking about them because I'm pretty sure that the type of fringe on the banners and the number of ties (to attach th banner to the fanfare) were not mentioned. Some people say that two ties are bad, three are good. Some say that the fringe should have the metallic thread, some say that the fringe should be cotton. I don't think that people really know what is right because those things are not in the regulations as far as I know

good morning
Examples trumpet pennant for sale in different forum.
Of course I'm not talking about price, but comparison between those of the forum and those on sale.
sincerely seppi72

Hitler Youth trumpet banner
136F3 - Jeunesses hitlériennes trompette bannière. Presque neuf avec RZM tag. Ce multi-pièce construite bannière trompette mesure 20,0 x 21,0, y compris la frange frontalière 1,25 pouces. La bannière de trompette conserve ses quatre cordes d'attache. Sur le revers est le papier HJ RZM paper tag. Rare. $ 950. Plus de photos

Deutsches Jungvolk trumpet banner
136F4 - Deutsches Jungvolk trompette bannière. Cet exemple est magnifique laine noire avec garniture de frange d'argent métallique. Le single est sigrune coton blanc et cousu séparément. Les trois liens de fixation sont en place. Il est le contour de l'endroit où il était une fois une forme de diamant insignes d'unité .Near menthe. Rare. $ 1250. Plus de photos

The Collector's Guild

The Collector's Guild

Back