Thanks Received
hi guys...
At first sorry for my bad english...
Second... Greetings from hamburg germany.

My grandfather was zgfhr. 3./pi.btl.30 and owner of the german cross in gold. I have all of his dokuments, orders and more than 500 fotos. So i became a collector.
One of my collectable things are uniforms from the wehrmacht. For a few weeks i became a beautifull bdm jacket. i was fascinated and its still one of my favorite jacket in my collection. So i want to know as much as possible about the bdm.

I met a lady which gave me some badges from her grandma. She was born in 1920 and was mädelschaftsführerin at the bdm.

Hope you can the see the pictures.
At 14 years she was owner of all these bedges.
Bdm achievement bronce with the nr. 96816
Bdm.achievement silver with the nr. 7004

Hope you like my new favorites...

With theese badges i received a "berchtesgadener trachtenjacke"

Wfr Michael

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello, :yo:

First of all I wish you a warm welcome to this forum, the place to be, if you're seeking knowledge and opinions about your acquired items (Cc authenticity and or more info)
After having read your thread it looks to me that you, as a collector of German collectables, hit the jackpot.
(german cross in gold, and others with their papers and or pictures to prove it.....and this from a familymember, so authenticity is a known fact, not bad, not even to speak about the value besides the sentimental one off course)

And now you had the opportunity to receive as a gift these fine BDM badges.
It seems to me that your collection has taken a great leap forward.
Welldone
Wizardelf
:belgium

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks a lot...

here is the jacket from a little tough girl...
with some of the badges.
I bought this jacket in a small size.
remember she was 14 years old.

Mädelschaftsführerin BDM

Attachments

hallo shiggert
welcome to the forum .
You are a lucky man!with all this nice gifts .
Did you have some photos of the Berchtesgadener Jacke?
Mfg
bertl

I am very interested about the number of awardings from the bdm achievement in silver.
Baldur von Schirach creates the bronce and silver badge in 1934. i ve read that since autumn 1934 was no classification anymore... So i think from autumn 1934 only the bronce badge was awarded.
On a russian homepage was ment that only 8000 silver badges was awarded from spring 1934 to autumn 1934?!?

The bronce badge exist in "buntmetall" and "bundmetal versilbert" so i guess not every silver badge is really a silver one... i think its not possible to see a silver badge with an awardingnumber 8000 and more.

Has anyone the correct number of awards in silver?

Welcome to the forum,i love that BDM Kletterweste,i would love to see more detailed pics of it,it looks Non RZM.very nice piece.

si

I am very interested about the number of awardings from the bdm achievement badge in silver.
Baldur von Schirach creates the bronce and silver badge in 1934. i ve read that since autumn 1934 was no classification anymore... So i think from autumn 1934 only the bronce badge was awarded.
On a russian homepage was ment that only 8000 silver badges was awarded from spring 1934 to autumn 1934?!?
Has anyone the correct number of awards in silver?

Congrats on those items Shiggert.

You raise an interesting question there regarding the BDM silver which we have also discussed in the past. It appears to be the case that very few BDM achievement badges in silver appear to have been awarded relative to the size of the BDM. In fact, the highest serial number badge with supporting paperwork of which I am aware is badge number 3849 (awarded in October 1944).

The reasons for the low number of badges awarded is currently not fully understood but it is clear that, for some reason, the silver BDM did not begin to be awarded until long after its introduction in 1934. The russian homepage you mentioned is incorrect. It is impossible that 8000 badges were awarded in 1934 because badge number 499 was awarded in 1943.

I personally prefer to see the supporting paperwork for achievement badges before I add them to our research lists but another higher number badge would be 7529.

We have a HJ-wiki page on these badges but here's one thread where we discussed the issue of the lack of high serial number BDM silver badges:

Discrepancy with BDM achievement badges

Thank you for that information Garry. I never thought about that before but now that you have mentioned it yes, there are very few silver BDM acheivement badges when compared to the size of the BDM. I hope that we will find out why in time.

Welcome to the forum. Let me congratulate you on your items. Apart from the economic worth (wcich is very high inthe case of a German cross in Gold, it comes from a family member, first hand piece of history. And you're so lucky to gat these BDM badges as a gift. I will never be so lucky. Regards.

Welcome to the forum. Let me congratulate you on your items. Apart from the economic worth (wcich is very high inthe case of a German cross in Gold, it comes from a family member, first hand piece of history. And you're so lucky to gat these BDM badges as a gift. I will never be so lucky. Regards.

thanks a lot...
if anybody is interested... a Little bit about my grandfather.
World War 2 Awards.com - BUSCH, Wilhelm (Pionier-Bataillon 30)

and some Pictures...
1. my grandfahter becomming the EK2 from von Briesen
( this was in Holland ) maybee you know the "von Briesen Parade" in Paris.
2. my grandfather in russia. in russia my grandfather uses a Lahti M35 instead of a P08.
3. his EK1 with documents
4. "Begründungsschreiben" why he became the EK1
5. his german cross in gold with documents.
all so a letter from Oberst Barth to my grandfather with congrats to the german cross in gold.
6. my grandfather Wilhelm Busch with the german cross in gold.

sorry... back to the Topic... BDM and HJ

Attachments

Wow!!! That's impressive. Your grandfather was a brave soldier indeed! EK1 an DKiG, among other awards... That's certainly a reward for the best soldiers. This DKiG is a beauty. The awards with the certificates makes an incredible set.

Back