unnumbered Scharführer shoulderboard

Thanks Received
I came across this photo of an unnumbered Scharführer shoulderboard - done internet searches and browsed HJ-Research Wiki - the only "unnumbered" info that I can find is courtesy of Gefolgschaft - (post#6 with photo of unnumbered pair in the link): http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f130/post-1938-hj-shoulder-straps-504/#post3811

"Post 1938 Pattern late war General HJ "sew in" pair. This pair was manufactured without Bann numbers, designed to have metal numbers affixed. The pips reflect the HJ rank of Scharführer. The manufacturing of these was allowed by the RZM from September 1944 to simplify matters by companies that were in fact RZM controlled. A manufacturer had to ensure the straps were well-made, then was allowed to sell them at wholesale. They had ensure proper embroidery. However, this is apparently something that did not happen all the time, and they can be found with somewhat crude looking stitching them. On occasion, late war straps with a rather poor embroidery are found, and they are assumed to be faked, when the regulations are not adhered to. This is also the time that metal letters and numbers came into use. Earlier this was strictly forbidden. Manufacturing of shoulder boards for leaders was continued and controlled by the RZM until the end of the war."

Does this apply to the shoulderboard pictured?

I'd appreciate all opinions and info.

Kind Regards
Ian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Here is a single . Unnumbered straps were usually made from mid 1943 as a way to reduce cost for insignia . Sometimes the HJ boys would have the numbers embroidered into them or have metal numbers inserted . (On rare occasions , none at all) Flakhelpers usually did not have numbers on their straps . Can you post a photo of the full picture that you have posted only part of . I would like to see what type of uniform this HJ is wearing .

Attachments

joecool, thanks for the info - as requested, the photo (with grey border to keep HJ-Research logo off the actual image )
KR, Ian

Attachments

Back