Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

The very same one as i posted on 19 august 2013 (see previous page) was auctioned recently again (!?) at Zeige, this time for a wopping 3800 euro's (opening price was only 800)!
Gaston, It does happen, that the item we see at sale, is not for sale, and is only listed to gather high bids.
The reasons for this, are to push prices of the same item for other dealers later on.

Example:
Gaston has 5 rare badges to sell, i tell Gaston WAIT, i will list one on my auction site for 1 euro, you and others will bid to 1500.- so we will SHOW others watching, it sold for 1500.-
NO SALE, just for showing.
THEN, Gaston you wait a few weeks, then YOU list the same item on your site for 800.- and it will SELL overnight, because a semi-accepted "market value" of ×××has already be shown on auction a few weeks ago. Anyone who buys from you for 800.- will be happy! and believe he made a good deal!

Do not forget, if we know smaller auctions are BS, and dealers are also full of BS, then why would it be different the higher up you go? No, it is worse the higher you go!

For those of you following the WAF thread on these, What a mess! Its why i posted at the beginning that it will be kept here, and not fragmented across the forums, just so the trolls can have a chew on whatever they dont want to hear.

With the post from April this year, as well as ANOTHER for sale right now by PASTBUY.NET .. the wall of shame grows by two more badges :lol:
Here is the pastbuy.net badge offered starting at €1200.-
The one that CARSTEN BALDES was offering last week for a cheeky €1100.- has since been removed, or sold. Who knows and who cares :001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

THE WALL OF SHAME :lol:

[/QUOTE]

Attachments

Last edited:
8 days later....... more ground dug treasures...
LINK

The above badge, from a post on this thread 2 years ago, Offered at MILI321..... has just turned up on, yes who else, EMEDALS.COM auctions :) LINK

OK, this thread has proved over the past 3 years that:

Badges that cant sell for low amounts on MILI321 end up for sale by Thies Auktionen for high amounts.
Badges that cant sell for low amounts on MILI321 end up on eMedals - a site overpopulated with these, for high(er) amounts.
Badges that don`t sell on the above site for a long time, end up being marked sold on their auctions for extreme amounts (LINK / LINK - images below)

Seeing as eMedals has plenty of these ground dug versions, i would like to show another small badge that they are offering for a high amount, as genuine of course, all their stuff is supposed to be genuine, except the following is known for many years to be fake, with fantasy markings that have been exposed in articles, and in more than one modern Militaria reference book. I will use this example to claim that i am of the opinion that eMedals know N O T H I N G about small enamels, and are only listing anything and everything to make a buck. I would also imagine that they could be listing some of their foreigner badges as sold - for HUGE amounts - to promote the other ground dugs they have for sale for less.
Therefore, i will warn collectors to BE CAREFUL WHEN PURCHASING SMALL ENAMEL FROM EMEDALS.COM. as they are not up to date, and don`t seem to give a flying monkeys either.
The fake "352" badge below was already shown here years ago LINK
LINK TO THIS HORROR FOR $1200.-

Attachments

Last edited:
Brown, square plate, no makers marks, being sold as original..... just in case anyone here was interested.
Two and a half years later, and this badge is back up at Mili321, this time with a nice red box added.. different seller... LINK

Attachments

Thies and Johnson trying to sell another :swiss

Attachments

Two and a half years later, and this badge is back up at Mili321, this time with a nice red box added.. different seller... LINK

Almost one year later, and the same seller has listed the same badge (and box) he supposedly sold in December 2015!
Link

Attachments

Something fishy going on here.. this badge, the past history shown in red... has just turned up again for sale, at Emedals -again :bounce:

Attachments

That site has had more than a few, uhm, "questionable", items on it. Once is an occurrence, twice is a pattern, three times is a habit.

I talked to the owner of E-Medals at an auction we were both at in Ontario in regards to the bad rep he is getting selling crap and he did not care or seem interested in talking about it

I talked to the owner of E-Medals at an auction we were both at in Ontario in regards to the bad rep he is getting selling crap and he did not care or seem interested in talking about it

They don't care, there will always be a new fish in the pond to be reeled in. $$$.

You dont know then? I mailed Bary after i had finished the "Exposing Fake Militaria - The TENO Ehrenzeichen" book, telling him that i have proven that the awards he has for sale are fake. I told him that the book is 99% micro imagery, explaining why they are fake, conclusively. I sent him screen shots of the four fakes he has listed for between 800-1200 dollars, and a screen shot of the book.
He replied:
"I am a jeweler, i DO NOT SELL FAKES!" and so, the four fake awards are still listed for sale on his site.
They have never listened to me in the past - in fact never even bothered to reply to any mails when i contacted them about fakes on their site.
This time he replied almost instantly..... but that was it.... "we do not sell fakes.."
Go figure.

Good old MILI321, yet another Ground Dug Treasure!

Attachments

I buy from emedals often but with due diligence always he has to close contacts with some notorious European dealers and I listen to what Joe has to say about fakes to the point will never buy some pieces under any circumstances.:canada1

One of the fakes that we have up on the board was sent to me by a kind dealer to have a closer look at. It has been a few years now since i looked at the red fake with the Bresser compound microscope, a pity i didn`t have the microscopes i have today back then, but there you go. In any case i made a few videos of this fake, showing that the eagle Auflage is poorly cast, painted black and aged, that the rest of the badge is brand spankers though. (and also poorly made) That the enamel is post 1970`s soft enamel and that the aged fake patina on the poorly cast eagle does not correspond with the brand spankers "patina" on the rest of the badge, and more.
Video links below for the interested.
Top of the weekend to you.

Hitler Youth Auslander Award I - YouTube

Hitler Youth Auslander Award II - YouTube

Hitler Youth Auslander Award III of IV - YouTube

Hitler Youth Auslander Award IV - YouTube

Great stuff Jo. You should make more of these tube vids :thumb:
Sweet!
Yes i definitely will make more. When i started a year ago, it was the first video i had ever made or uploaded to the net, so still in the kinderschuhe at the moment, but getting better.
Iedem Das Seinige ;-)

Back