Let's talk about Olympic Hitler Youth and 1935 Reichsparteitag daggers

5 days later - after "divine intervention" the red seal of approval, has been replaced with the Blue seal of shame! LOL. Seems like people are starting to listen :clap2:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have looked at a couple of the Puma RPT knives. Pretty knives, but I thought I would come here for info. Of course I can't see any images, and most of the links are forbidden. Is there perhaps another forum without so many restrictions?

I have looked at a couple of the Puma RPT knives. Pretty knives, but I thought I would come here for info. Of course I can't see any images, and most of the links are forbidden. Is there perhaps another forum without so many restrictions?

Hi,

You now have two posts and are now able to see full-size images. It's explained on THIS page and was also mentioned in the PM you received after you joined the forum. As to the links, you'll need to ensure that you aren't trying to access sections of the forum that are marked as being for Full Members. However, the vast majority of this forum is accessible for members on free accounts.

Hi gents, thought I'd post this one from TTW, another stunner at a bargain price...

Please note the pristine and fresh condition of the grip plate recess for the diamond - not a trace of dirt anywhere, as you'd expect for a piece that is 78 years old - or, just like it was done yesterday?

Regards

Russ

"This Olympic DJ Knife has the traditional aluminum style hilt mounts. The obverse pommel area of this mount has some age in the surfaces. It is possible it could polish it out but I have not tried to do so. The grip plates are genuine stag. They are nicely cut and fitted displaying a fine brown color to the grains throughout. The grip plates are retained by aluminum rivets having dressed heads on both sides. On the center obverse there is an inlaid Hitler Youth style diamond. This diamond has enamel surfaces being red, white, silver and with black swastika. The scabbard is a straight steel tube type. It has excellent original dull black finish. The finish shows some age in the surfaces but it is still 100% intact. There is a black leather belt loop and retainer loop complete with working snap.

The blade is a slab side style having false edge at the top and short ricasso. This blade has full graining which is displayed on both sides and is in near full mint condition. The obverse of the blade has the symbol of the city of Berlin consisting of a gold crest over a seal containing a black enamel bear standing on its legs. Below this in a five line inscription is, “ZUM RUHME / DES SPORTS / ZUR EHRE / DES VATER- / LANDES”. This slogan basically translates, “to the glory of sports and to the honor of the fatherland”. Below this dedication is the Third Reich sports eagle which has a mobile swastika at its breast. The bird is clutching the five Olympic circles. These circles are in the colors of blue, gold, green, red and black. The original leather blade washer is in place.

Accompanying this DJ Olympic souvenir knife is the original manila packet. The packet is printed with the maker information consisting of the name, location and logo, “Emil Voos Solingen” and then the stump with snake around it, and below this the patent pending stamping, “Ges. Geschützt”. Below this is the printed name of the knife, “Fahrtenmesser” and below is stamped the style of this knife, “Berliner / Olympiade” and printed below the words for best of steel, “Gusstahl- / Klinge”. A fine example here of the Olympic knife showing a little minor age but still having a fine blade.

Excellent Plus, Plus. $1,795.00...."

Attachments

patent pending stamping, “Ges. Geschützt”

What a ****. Gesetzlich Geschützt means Protected by law, i:e: already patented.[/HIDE]
He does not even know the basics....
:pound:

Prices dropping, only €799.- on DG.DE LINK

Attachments

We have a new market leader!

Wittmann is missing out on some serious money now!

From Snyder's Treasures...

Regards

Russ

BDM 1936 Berlin Olympics EMIL VOOS Knife with Issue Wrapper
This is a VERY RARE early BDM youth knife with metal scabbard and leather hanger strap and ORIGINAL VOOS factory Olympics marked shipping bag. It has a fancy gilt and enamel city coat of arms with crown surmount and Berlin Olympic eagle emblem.
The legend is "ZUM RUHME DES SPORTS ZUR EHRE DES VATERLANDES" is rendered in gilt between the eagle emblem and coat of arms. There is an EMIL VOOS SOLINGEN name and logo and GES. GESCH. registered maker marks are present on the reverse side of the blade. The knife measures 8-1/8 inches long with a 4-3/4 inch blade. These are close-ups of the front and rear of the stag horn grip. There is an inset HJ diamond on the front grip. The scabbard is all metal, with the strap riveted to the side.

The original Olympic marked Emil Voos bag is included with this knife. The condition is near excellent, with some minor signs of wear, apparent in the images.

$2,499.99

Item # BDMKOLY-002

Attachments

:frusty: Hey Russ, do you remember the guys over on WAF who were defending Mr Wittmann after he produced the "DJ" knife with accompanying paper bag amid a triumphant fanfare and loud calls of "Right, now it's time to shut that HJ forum up once and for all!!"? In my opinion, this Snyder c##p is a direct result of those people who stood up for Wittmann. I'll bet Snyder went "What? He just put a standard knife bag next to it? Oooh Wittmann, you clever ba####d!"

Although, having said that, Snyder has blown it by not sticking to the story and changing it to BDM. Perhaps he has a sense of humour :)

Yes, I remember well Garry!

Snyder seems to call all these un-attributed knives BDM knives, and he has sold a few if his 'sold' tags can be believed. I'll add a few more. He may or may not have a sense of humour, but no doubt, he's laughing... all the way to the bank.

Regards

Russ

Snyder has a 'Category' for these un-attributed knives - "BDM Special Event Knives".

So, he is actually muddying the waters with different titles for these knives as we have a mix of HJ/DJ knives with and without the Reichsparteitag and Olympic themes, with and without diamonds, on the hilt or on the grip plate, BDM knives, with and without the themes, diamonds on and off etc etc. So, you would think all these variations in descriptions and organisations they are supposedly attributed to in the sellers eyes would raise some alarm bells or questions in a prospective buyers mind. Or is that too logical?

Here's another one from his site, sadly, it has been sold...

Regards

Russ

This is a VERY RARE early BDM youth knife with metal scabbard and leather hanger strap.
It has a fancy gilt and enamel city coat of arms with crown surmount and NSDAP political eagle emblem. The event location and date REICHSPARTEITAG NÜRNBERG 1935 are rendered in gilt between the eagle emblem and coat of arms. There is an E. & F. HÖRSTER SOLINGEN name and logo and GES. GESCH. registered maker markshttp://snyderstreasures.com/images/germanmilitaria/daggers/HJBootKnifeROA.jpg are present on the reverse side of the blade.

The knife measures 8-1/8 inches long with a 4-7/8 inch blade.
The scabbard is all metal, with the strap riveted to the side.
The condition is near excellent throughout.

Sold.

Attachments

Hi - just fell over this on the internet, some MUST absolutely believe in the originality of these knifes. :h at EUR 1.800 !!!

Michael :denmark

Link
"Lot Nr. 7782
A Hitler Youth knife with etching commemorating the 1936 Olympics.
Maker Emil Voss, Solingen. The etched blade with Berlin bear, Olympic Rings, national eagle, and "Zum Ruhme Des Sports Zur Ehre Des Vaterlandes" (For the glory of sport for the honour of the Fatherland) in colour and gilding. Reverse etched with manufacturer's trademark. Polished aluminium hilt with wooden grip plates simulating stag with enamelled HJ emblem. Black lacquered steel scabbard with black riveted hanger. Complete with brown paper factory issue bag. Length 21 cm. USA-lot"

Attachments

Thats a lot of money to spend on a fantasy item for sure, but, at least you could use it to cut and do the garden.

The latest auction has many fakes. There is discussion on the WAF of a certain fake SS camo shirt that has made the rounds for a couple of years now and is now at HH.

To be honest, these popped up about 6 years ago, quite a few of them in the bags, and although I have "handled" one or two, I could never be sure, although the late Harvey Riely, seemed to think they were ok, as he had "a number of them" ........ This is the guy that bought a container load of Diplomatic daggers in parts from Russia, and re-assembled them, does anyone else remember that .........................LOL

I'd say all who have these in their collection will think they're good - because they've paid a lot of money for them! No other reason to think so!

Regards

Russ

What about this?? :D

German Militaria Collectables 24.2.2016:

"Offered for sale is a very rare Olympic DJ knife with a beautiful engraved colored pannel blade by Emil Voos with its original paper issue. After doing some research I found out on line only 50 were found in a wearhouse near Berlin. All but two have sold for between 2000 and 2500"

Admin Edit: added picture, date and an extract from the item description.

Attachments

Back