New lanyard with HJ RZM tag

Thanks Received
Hi guys. Picked up a lanyard today. Thought I would share.

As always, thanks for looking.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I've had one of these. Somewhere there is a discussion on the forum. They are strange having the knots on them and having three colors. I'm not aware of any rank that used three colors. I don't know what the purpose of this lanyard would have been. Perhaps some type of position? I don't recall what the other members thoughts were but I know there is a discussion of this type of lanyard on the forum.

As discussed on that other thread, it can't be a lanyard and the presence of the toggles would indicate strongly that it is a cap insignia. However, not for HJ so the tag itself must be seen as a bogus addition in my opinion.

An odd item for sure. Hopefully one day we will learn the origin and purpose of this cord. I recall purchasing the example I had from Roland Smith of "Trademark Historical" located in Oklahoma back in the 80's. He sent a snail mail catalog out using ads in WW2 Magazine. He's a shady guy and fraudster that was exposed a long time ago.

Thanks for the input from everyone. Sounds like this thing is definitely not HJ, and that makes the whole piece questionable to me.

This is why I like being a member of this forum.

Thanks again to everyone for the comments and information.

I would think that this might be a good addition to the "Fakes" thread, if the mods agree.

Last edited:
Back