Ratisbons and the NS-Studentenbund BM 1/122 fake

Thanks Received
I guess the sellers just chose to ignore the letter BM/ and simply list them as M1/122 :nono: (or as Ratisbons Auctions has, simply M1/22.)
In any case, just a quick heads up to let you know that there are many fakes in the upcoming Ratisbons auction.
Nothing unusual there i know, but seeing as we were recently talking about the fake HJ Ehrenzeichen marked with the fantasy number BM 1/122, just thought i would list it`s brother.. the Studentenbund BM 1/122 fake. Buyer beware at Ratisbons.

ratisbon's | NS-Studentenbund membership badge M1/22 | DISCOVER GENUINE MILITARIA, ANTIQUES & COINS

You don't have permission to view attachments.

ps: In case anyone is wondering why i simply don`t just "contact the seller and inform them", well that will never happen again from me, ever, and certainly not with Ratisbons Auctions. They listed some right old manky (very expensive) fantasy crap last auction, got told on the WAF by many people that it was fake and fantasy crap, yet they chose to ignore, and kept the fakes and fantasy items listed until the last moment.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ops, I thought Claus would be more careful. He recently withdraw a fake that I pointed out over there.

Regards, Wim

Ops, I thought Claus would be more careful. He recently withdraw a fake that I pointed out over there.

Regards, Wim
I won`t help him anymore, or any other dealer/auctioneer for that matter.
I`ll just watch the fakes sell and take notes.

I understand, Jo. You have good reasons if half of the time you receive a stupid reaction when you identify a fake.

I've seen several fakes called out from Rastibon's. Know your items before you bid. I would advise never trusting any seller or dealer to authenticate items. If you aren't 100% sure on an items don't buy IMO.

I understand, Jo. You have good reasons if half of the time you receive a stupid reaction when you identify a fake.
It is not even that Wim, but rather the bigger picture.

Let us say that you or I, or someone else "informs" Ratisbons that this and a few others are fake.

He could chose to take them down, and if he did.. that makes him look good on the WAF or other places.
He will give the "fake" items back to the person who sent them to him for sale.
No loss his side except a few minutes for taking images and writing a description.

But what happens after the fakes are sent back?

Do we expect that the person who sent them to him, to open the packet, and destroy the fakes, just because they could not sell them through Ratisbons?
Do we expect Ratisbons to destroy the fakes? (Of course not)

What do we expect? What do "I" expect? That my name, or your name, or whoever elese informs him now has his name in lights? As the go-to man for the certain item(s)? "Ratisbons trusts me, see lads, i told him they were fake and he withdrew them immediately"?

I don`t expect any of the above, because i already know what will happen.
The fakes, go back to the owner, and the owner will look for another way to sell them. EBay, another online auction, at a show, in private... regardless, they will, at some point, enter a collection as a genuine item.

So the reality of "informing" someone like Ratisbons, or any auction or seller, is that you are only getting a superficial five minutes of "do good" feeling, and have not prevented the fakes from being sold, have not become an expert, and have certainly not helped the seller either, as we know, as screen shots prove, the same auction houses and the same sellers, will list the next silly fake at the next auction of theirs.
An auctioneer, has no responsibily to refund, or to learn or take part in any debate. His job, is to turn over cash!

Sorry for the long post, i hear Adolf`s red phone ringing, must dash...

Went through de Rastisbon's pages today. Jo is right; the offered enamels are very dangerous in many cases. :nono:

Yes , and many have bids on them so we know they will go back into circulation at some point in the future. :h

There is enough info on the RZM / GG marked badges that it astounds me why someone would consider placing a bid on a modern piece of junk ! Klaus and the crew must know , no ? :nono:

There is enough info on the RZM / GG marked badges that it astounds me why someone would consider placing a bid on a modern piece of junk ! Klaus and the crew must know , no ? :nono:
BM / is in one of Jörg Nimmergut`s books as a genuine makers mark, and some still believe him. So no matter even if they know, they can, or could, always fall back on that fact.
"Gee, thanks for informing us, we saw it in a respected historians books on awards and medals and just followed that" backstage "rumbled... another one for the box to sell at the next show, or flea market."
That`s always going to be a problem, when a POS is in a book by someone who has a name. And Nimmergut is very well known, and trusted by many older Germans, regardless of the many mistakes he has made and printed.

Up at the moment, at MILI321, guaranteed authentic :violin:

Attachments

Moving over to the auction format was a shrewd move for these militaria dealers...

Back