Project to put together a list of recipients of the HJ, BDM, DJ and JM achievement badges

0219691 given to G. Wittmann (as far as I can read) on 12th January 2017
A Seller stated: in Silber Jungstamm IX / 330 Burgkunstadt
Besitzzeugnis offered for 36 Euro

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Can anyone decipher this girl's surname? Hildegard H......

Attachments

New numbers

New one for your list. (Hope I am doing this right. It is all a bit new to me)

Certificates of awards in a Sportbuch of a Leistungsabzeichens in silver No 204416 and a Sportabzeichens No 12415 awarded to Ernst Runne.

I have included a picture of him wearing his badge which I thought might be of interest.

Let me know if you need any other pictures or info.

Cheers
Peter

Attachments

That's great Peter. Woud it be possible to see the page showing his particulars (name, unit etc)

Is this the page you want?

I have a note which states that there is a letter which has his rank at that time was Jungsturmführer, but cannot find that particular letter in amongst all the other bits at present (and not understanding German does not help!).

Attachments

Last edited:
That's the one:thumb: He was a Fähnleinführer in the appointment of Jungstammführer. So the name is definitely Ernst Runne?

That's the one:thumb: He was a Fähnleinführer in the appointment of Jungstammführer. So the name is definitely Ernst Runne?

I cannot make out the name on this document (except by squinting and with the eye of faith), but other documents/letters in the pack that came with it give us that name, but none of the documents come with his picture so I cannot be 101% certain. Other documents which I can definitely make out his name include:

Fahrterlaubnis
Fahrt-Ausweis
Versicherungskarte
Covering letter to his family about the award from "M.-Gruppenf. Ruffer" of BannFrankfurt Main (81).

There are other documents, including a Ahnenspiegel. where the exact name is difficult to make out as they are handwritten.

I think I have another two numbers.

From a Leistungbuch in the name of Erich Scheibelt
Bronze Leistungsabzeichen No 77932
Silver Leistungsabzeichen No 180292

Again I cannot make out the name, but there are numerous other documents with his name in the pack with this document.

Attachments

Leiftungsabzeichen in Silver No 0214218

I have been going through my documents and am starting to recognise documents detaining awards with associated serial numbers (took a wrong turn at one point were I found a document, but on translating found out it was a bank deposit book :h).

I have identified quite a few documents and will be posting as I have the time. Here is the first to be getting on with.

Freidrich Abt Leiftungsabzeichen in Silver No 0214218

Are you interested in other awards with serial numbers? For example his Scheissabzeichen No 0254903

Attachments

Excellent. Yes, any document that shows a recipient's typewritten name would be very useful (posts 163, 168 and 169). What I tend to do with the information is to create and save a picture collage of the documents which ideally will show a photo of the person, his/her name, unit etc and of course the type/level of award, it's serial number and the date on which it was awarded. Sets like yours are the ultimate becaise they give all of this info which is of great use to the project.

Shooting badges are not physically serial-numbered so we can't produce lists matching badges to people as we can with achievement badges etc. However, shooting badges that were awarded late-war are interesting because they allow us to gauge how many may have been awarded in total before the end of the war.

Another one for you

Helmut Weige
Leiftungsabzeichen in Iron No 18551
Leiftungsabzeichen in Bronze No 43142

His picture is missing from this booklet so I have included another from his Leistungbuch.
There are no associated documents with his typed name, so I have included a photo of the clearest hand-written name on his Werkstattdienstbuch (NSFK technical training booklet)

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

That's great Peter. If you could add a typewritten page from an accompanying document for the boys in posts 163, 168 and 169 I'll get started with those entries :thumb:

Also, for the last boy (post #171) does the last page of his achievement book show the award date for the bronze badge? There might be a small paper label with signature.

Extra info 163, 16,171 and 169

That's great Peter. If you could add a typewritten page from an accompanying document for the boys in posts 163, 168 and 169 I'll get started with those entries :thumb:

Also, for the last boy (post #171) does the last page of his achievement book show the award date for the bronze badge? There might be a small paper label with signature.

Helmut Weige, Bronze badge Date. There is an entry on the final page, but it might not help. I cannot make it out, so I have taken a picture to see if you have better eyes.

Ernst Rune. I have found the covering letter to his family which has his name, and enclose a photo of that.

Erich Scheibelt. I have photo'd his Sheisswrt - Ausweis for you.

Freidrich Abt. I have photo'd the front cover of his Schiessbuch.

Attachments

Excellent. Many thanks Peter. I'll add those badges to the lists in a moment :thumb:

Heinz Kirchner silver 224218

Heinz Kirchner
in Silver No 224218

Hope I have included sufficient info from the correct pages.

Also included a picture of his unused Leistungstabzeichen cloth badge for your interest. No way of knowing that it was his 100%, but it came in the same pack as all the other documents.

Regards

Peter

Attachments

Thanks again Peter. Adding that one now :thumb:

The cloth badge looks good. We have a thread somewhere showing definite fakes of the cloth achievement badges. I'll try to find it.

Johann Bodeu (Boden?) in Silver No 71880

Johann Bodeu (Boden?)
Leistungstabzeichen in Silver No 71880

I do not have any typewritten documents with his name, so have included handwritten names from other documents to see which name is correct.

Regards

Peter

Attachments

Back