3-5 Das Lagerfeuer booklets

Thanks Received
Hello
Does anyone have any insight at all as to what im exactly look at. Each booklet has about 10-12 pages and looks to be printed on the paper.
Any advice or information on these would be greatly appreciated.
I find the cover art fantastic !
Thank you
Josh

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Josh,

These are really nice. They were produced to show what the boys in Fähnlein 1 and 5/439 (Jungbann 439 Hornberg in Gebiet Württemberg) got up to in terms of camping trips and trips in general. They were primarily for the boys but parents would obviously have seen them too. The booklet states that the plan was for parents to be able to see films of the activities by invitation. Can you see the year in which these were produced and is there any indication where these Fähnlein were located??

Do the booklets mention the names of the Bannführer and/or Jungbannführer? I only ask because I have an ongoing project listing the higher male and female leaders in all Banne/Jungbanne etc and for 439 my info for 1937/38 is incomplete. You may see the name Oswald Gräßle mentioned which would be useful.

Anyway, great little booklets you have there.

Is this what youre looking for?

More

Attachments

That's great thanks. Difficult to know when these were published but Gräßle is shown as being a Gefolgschaftsführer there. I first have him in my list in 1939 where he is an Obergefolgschaftsführer and by August of that year had been transferred to the DJ in the rank of Hauptfähnleinführer. Possible then that these booklets date to 1938?

Hello,
I have these books from "lagerfeuer" from 1932 till 1937.
The covers and the pages look much different.

Best regards,

Paul

Attachments

Hello,
I have these books from "lagerfeuer" from 1932 till 1937.
The covers and the pages look much different.

Best regards,

Paul

These are examples of an Austrian scout-magazine, which existed till the "Anschluss". There was another Pfadfinder related "Lagerfeuer" published between 1930 and 1932 in the Deutsche Reich also.

That's great thanks. Difficult to know when these were published but Gräßle is shown as being a Gefolgschaftsführer there. I first have him in my list in 1939 where he is an Obergefolgschaftsführer and by August of that year had been transferred to the DJ in the rank of Hauptfähnleinführer. Possible then that these booklets date to 1938?

Now that's interesting... Unteroffizier Oswald Gräßle died on 22.06.1941 as "Bannführer im Gebiet Württemberg". Did he actually held that rank or was it just a position?

Regarrds,
Igor

Now that's interesting... Unteroffizier Oswald Gräßle died on 22.06.1941 as "Bannführer im Gebiet Württemberg". Did he actually held that rank or was it just a position?

Regarrds,
Igor

I don't have him as a Bannführer but he was only two ranks away in 1939. Well... he is shown as being an Obergefolgschaftsführer when he took command of Bann 439 in April 1939 but as an Oberfähnleinführer when he took command of Jungbann 439 in Aug. Could be a typo from the time of course but either way makes sense if your source is talking about his appointment. 1939 to KIA in 1941 doesn't leave much time for him to gain two further ranks so I would think that the source does indeed mean his appointment but but hopefully more can be found on him.

Back