Are there any HJ wintermutze reproductions out there.

I have never seen good reproductions of them.
What could be an alternative is buying a civil (period or 50s of 60s skicap) with diamond.

Also the period civil ones are used by the HJ, but it is very hard to prove they are period.

Those go for around 200 euro in stead of 5-6 hundred.
But... My opinion.. keep searching for a textbook.
They don't loose their value and buying a civil one.. hard to sell afterwards is my personal opinion.
Dealers can ask to much and most collectors don't give you that amount of money when selling.

Moin Blitz,

of course, there are also perfect reproductions of this winter hat, without a doubt.
The qualities are very different, often very inferior, and usually not worth the asking prices.

The "style" of the "Wintermütze" of that time is still common here in Germany.
Very gladly worn by German Neonazis, who keep "demonstrating" confused on the local streets.
There were probably no uniform standards for the Hitler Youth, after 1943/44 almost everything that was available was worn, if at all...

I would classify a very good reproduction today in a price range under 100,- Euros, including the badge from that time, of course, also as an imitation, nothing more.
If anything, then some originals are offered, they are not rarities, you can still see original caps at German flea markets for little money, usually without the insignia, of course, you have to ask for the "hardware".

Collecting greetings from Germany!

Micha

I can't imagine that you talk about the one and ONLY textbook mütze!
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Those are pretty hard to find.

Please show me a photo of where you can buy those in reproduction is the exact same setup!?

I think to mean the "civil" models also used by the HJ en there is a big price difference between them!

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
And I mean the ones under RZM specifications and with the RZM marked buckle..

And for me.. a good reproduction would be with the same buckle as the RZM ones not the iron flat hollow back ones..

This stuff is everywhere, at every German military clothing retailer, especially at the German flea markets here in the Rhein/Main region.
The prices for these hats in the old style never exceed 25,- to 30,- Euros here in Wiesbaden at every flea market.

For the HJ emblem, less than 10,- Euros extra, sold under the counter, with a note on where to put the piece...
Typical stuff for "Americanos" in this region, longing for something "original" from the nazi youth...

They buy modern ****, produced in China, and are very happy, to have found an "Original", on an german flea market.

Enough written?

Micha

Nope.. sorry!
I know a lot of collectors search for the textbook ones and can't find them and if they do.. pay a lot.
I think the caps you are talking about, can't be the ones I showed you in the picture I attached...

I search for textbook hj stuff a lot and I found about 20 textbook caps in about 10 years or so..

The civil ones are indeed everywhere to find, but not that collectable for the reasons I mentioned!

Let's agree to disagree!
Regards Werner

i suggest getting one custom made. there is a tailoring studio that can make you HJ and other stuff. they are called DackleDesign on instagram. that is all i know of sadly. you can also use the advice werner gave and look for a period 50s or 60s.

hope this helps.
volk

Thanks, I have reached out to them before. Looks like I might go with them, but checking other options first.

Back