Are these Marine HJ winter jackets?

Thanks Received
Hi are these Marine HJ jackets? I have never seen those before? Thanks Dirk

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Dirk,

you have good illustrations in ANGOLIA's book in this area. Volume 1 . I agree with Steve in these arguments, this is not HJ-Marine and in no way a regulatory uniform.

Best Regards
Eric

I m not sure but i think it was use in the early time.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats right too PIMPF359 ,My son was boy scout in germany for less as 10 years ago and had a jacket like this but the material was no more pure wool but a mix with nylon and wool.

These have similarities to an early type of the DJ Bluse but the main difference here is the lack of chest pockets compared to the item shown in Die Uniformen der HJ (1933 and 1934), Bekleidung und Ausrüstung der HJ (1934) and the RZM manufacturing instructions (1936).

Thanks for all the info. I also researed it now and this kind of jacked is called Jungenschaftsjacke. These jackets were made since 1928 and used by many youth organisations. The HJ adopted it but changed the front clousure buttons. The jacket exsited with and without the pockets. The today style is simular but different buttons and hood and has a zipper. Could it be that this model was maybe used as left overs in the beginning timeframe? The silver buttons were not used after the war on those jackets, of course maybe someone put them on later...Regards Dirk

It is said that Eberhard Köbel, the spiritus rector of the Deutsche Jungenschaft vom 1. November 1929 (dj 1.11.)/German Boys' Youth of 1 November 1929, brought the inspiration for the Jungeschaftsjacke/boys' jacket with him from a trip to Finland (as well as the Kohte, the tent). The Nordland romanticism spread quickly, and the HJ then appropriated it for itself after 1933.
Kölbel has a most interesting curriculum vitae, then turned to communism and after 1945 tried in vain to revive his life's work in the East German FDJ. He died in 1955 at the age of only 48.

And yes, these jackets because they were very expensive were of course continued to be used in the Jungvolk at first.
Here is an example without breast pockets. (Note the triangle and DJ patch)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you for this great information! Wim, very helpful AD, if I understand it correct, they offer the "Riegel" closing bars, individual. Which means, the bigger the size the more Riegel are possible and the blouse navy blue- I went ahead and bought the 2 blouses, as soon as they are here I will provide better pictures!
Thanks again for this great help!
Dirk

If one reads Wim's catalogue excerpt carefully, one notices that it must date from the time before the Gleichschaltung, the takeover of the other youth organisations. Two different colours and the mention of "die Bünde" prove this. Not a new insight, but perhaps worth mentioning.
Do you have a date of your catalogue, Wim?

Personally, I don't believe that this particular blouse was worn with a swastika armband - it was meant for the younger ones, as the name Jungenschaftsbluse/-jacke ("Juscha") or later Jungvolkbluse should prove.

it is being mentioned as the exact date for this price-list/catalogue as being April 10, 1933
(Ausgabetag).

The blouse, as shown, was of course further worn when other organizations were incorporated
within the HJ-organization. With the publishing of the "Amtliche Bekleidungsvorschrift der
Hitler-Jugend", known as "Bekleidung und Ausrüstung der HJ"' from January 15, 1934, the
official blouse for the DJ was with buttons and not with the special closure, as with the so-called
Jungenschafts-blouse. When worn closed there was one Lasche, in the style as was with the
Jungenschafts-blouse. Not two or three!

Last edited:
Thanks Wim, I already thought it would be early 33.
Hi Ewan, thanks mate.

Hello , an other DJ jacket with several lasche in wear .

Attachments

Hello together, I could not resist researching about the MHJ Jackets wit or without the breast pockets. I have 4 pics in my collection, all Mannheim and all do not have the breast pockets. They are taken early if the writing on the Tallie is considered. I colorized them for better looks. Just wanted to show that there were tops out there with and without pockets and closure straps, not to standartds. Regrads Dirk

Attachments

Back